JP Nadda Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Patna, Bihar
Age: 62 Years
|Full Name||Jagat Prakash Nadda|
|Famous For||Being the National President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 1993, he contested the Himachal Pradesh Assembly Elections from Bilaspur, and he was elected as an MLA.
• In 1998, he was re-elected from the Bilaspur Assembly Constituency as an MLA.
• In 1991, he was appointed as the National President of the "Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha."
• In 2007, he was elected as an MLA from the Bilaspur Assembly Constituency.
• In 2007, he was appointed as a Union Minister of Forest, Environment, Science and Technology.
• In 2012, he was appointed as a member of the Rajya Sabha from Himachal Pradesh.
• In June 2019, he was appointed as the National Working President of the BJP under Amit Shah.
• On 20 January 2020, he was appointed as the National President of the BJP.
• In January 2023, he got extension as the BJP chief till June 2024. The Hindu
|Date of Birth||2 December 1960 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||62 Years|
|School||St.Xavier's High School, Patna, Bihar|
|College/University||• Patna College, Bihar
• Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Arts (BA) from Patna College
• Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Himachal Pradesh University
|Caste||Brahmin Jagat Prakash Nadda|
|Address||Village Vijaypur, Post Office Auhar, Tehsil Jhandutta, District Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||11 December 1991|
• Harish Chandra Nadda
• Girish Chandra Nadda
|Parents||Father- Dr. Narain Lall Nadda (former Vice Chancellor of Patna University)
Mother- Krishna Nadda
|Car Collection||• Hyundai i20 (2014 Model)
• Toyota Innova (2015 Model)
|Assets/Properties (as in 2018) MyNeta||Movable:
Cash: 30,000 INR
Bank Deposits: 26.57 lacs INR
Jewellery: Gold ring worth 75,000 INR
Agricultural Land: worth 20 lacs INR in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh
Non-Agricultural Land: worth 60 lacs INR in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh
Residential Building: Ancestral Home worth 50 lacs INR in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh
Residential Building: House worth 35 lacs INR in Kullu, Himachal Pradesh
|Salary (approx.)||1 lac INR + other allowances (as a Rajya Sabha member)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||3.49 crores INR (as in 2018) MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About JP Nadda
- JP Nadda is an Indian politician and the National President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- On 11 December 1991, he represented Bihar in the “All India Junior Swimming Championship” in Delhi.
- His mother-in-law is a former MP, Jayshree Banerjee.
- In 1975, Nadda entered politics after joining the “Sampurna Kranti” movement started by Jayaprakash Narayan against the then Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi‘s rule.
- In 1983, he was a student leader in the Himachal Pradesh University.
- In 1987, Nadda started a campaign against the then ruling Congress government by forming the “Rashtriya Sangharsh Morcha.” Eventually, in the same year, Nadda had to face 45-day detention for starting this campaign.
- In 1989, during the Lok Sabha elections, Nadda was made the election-in-charge of BJP’s youth wing.
- In 1991, when he was just 31 years old, he was appointed as the National President of BJP’s youth wing.
- In 2014, after winning the General Elections, Narendra Modi appointed Nadda as the “Minister of Health and Family Welfare.”
- Nadda was given the responsibility of securing seats in Uttar Pradesh during the 2019 General Elections. Under his leadership, Nadda secured 64 of the 80 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
- In June 2019, he was appointed as the working president of the BJP, after the then National President of the BJP, Amit Shah, took over as the Union Home Minister.
- On 20 January 2020, in a function at the BJP central headquarters, Nadda’s name was proposed as the National President of the BJP by the parliamentary board members, Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh, and Nitin Gadkari.
- On 20 January 2020, he was appointed as the National President of the BJP. He will be serving as the National President of the BJP for three years.