|Salman Ramadan Abedi
|Date of Birth
|31 December 1994
|Date of Death
|22 May 2017
|Place of Death
|Age (as on 22 May 2017)
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|A local school in Manchester
|University of Salford, Greater Manchester, England
|Studied business and management in the 2015-2016 academic year
|Father- Abu Ismael
Brothers- Ismael and Hashem
|He was responsible for a suicide attack at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester that killed 22 and injured 59.
|Girls, Affairs and More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Salman Abedi
- He was born on the New Year’s Eve in 1994 in Manchester, England.
- His family is of Libyan origin and his parents escaped to Manchester as refugees from Libya.
- He has an elder brother (born in London) and a younger brother and sister (both were born in Manchester).
- His father, Abu Ismael, is an odd-job worker in Manchester.
- Since his childhood, Salman had been inclined towards the fanatic version of Islam.
- The members of Manchester’s Libyan community recall about Salman as a quiet boy and very respectful towards others. They also report that his brother, Ismael, was outgoing.
- His father was a well-known figure at Didsbury mosque where Salman and his brother Ismael used to worship.
- His father, Abu Ismael, was always very confrontational with jihadi ideology and always opposed the ISIS.
- At the time of the Manchester Arena Attack, Salman’s father was in Tripoli while his mother was in Manchester.
- According to reports, he was thought to have recently travelled abroad (specifically to Libya) where he received terror training.
- On 22 May 2017, he attacked as a suicide bomber at the Ariana Grande Concert in Manchester, killing 22 and injuring 59. According to reports, Salman detonated an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) around 10:30 pm at the closing of the concert.
- He is believed to have died in the powerful blast. However, he has not yet been formally identified by the Manchester Police.
- When the incident took place, Grande had left the venue. About 20 thousand people were in attendance (mostly teenagers and young people). The youngest victim has been identified as 8-year-old Saffie Rose Roussos.
- According to Reuters reports, Salman Abedi believed to have travelled to Manchester from London by train prior to the attack.
- His identity was confirmed with the help of CCTV cameras.