|Real Name||Uma Kashyap|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||24 February 1927|
|Age (as in 2017)||90 Years|
|Birth Place||Lahore, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Lahore, British India|
|College||Kinnaird College, Lahore|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. (honours) in English Literature|
|Debut||Film: Neecha Nagar (1946)
TV: The Jewel in the Crown (1984), a popular British television serial, as Aunt Shalin
|Famous Role||Film: As a lead actress in Shaheed, Nadiya Ke Paar, Shabnam, Arzoo, Dus Numbari, Chennai Express (2013) as Rahul's Grandmother|
|Family||Father- Shiv Ram Kasyap Professor of Botany, Punjab University Lahore, British India (now in Pakistan)
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||B/2. Anita Mount Pleasant Road, Malabar Hill, Mumbai 400006.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||BS Sood (chief engineer at the Bombay Port Trust)|
|Marriage Date||Year- 1948|
|Children||Son- Rahul Sood
Daughter- 2 (step daughters)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamini Kaushal
- Does Kamini Kaushal smoke?: No
- Does Kamini Kaushal drink alcohol?: No
- She was unlike the usual teenager. She was busy swimming, riding, skating and doing radio plays on Akashwani, for which she was paid 10rs and she also wrote many short stories.
- Her debut movie Neecha Nagar (1946) is one of the earliest art films to be made in India. She played a sympathetic role which rebukes class differences and won an award at the Montreal Film Festival.
- At her early age, she took training as a radio artist and it was on the radio that filmmaker Chetan Anand heard her voice and offered her the lead role in Neecha Nagar (1946).
- Kamini Kaushal decided to marry her brother-in-law, B.S. Sood, when her elder sister died in a car accident, leaving behind two daughters.
- Dilip Kumar and Kamini Kaushal fell in love with each other on the sets of ‘Shaheed’. They were planning to marry as well, but her brother was against her relationship with Dilip Kumar as she was already married to her brother in law.
- She produced an animated film by the name of ‘Meri Pari’.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)