|Real Name||Harikrishna Giri Goswami (birth name)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 85 kg
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||24 July 1937|
|Age (as in 2017)||80 Years|
|Birth Place||Abbottabad, North-West Frontier Province, British India
(now in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan)
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|College||Hindu College, University of Delhi|
|Debut||Film- Fashion (1957)
Directorial- Upkaar (1967)
|Family||Father- H.L. Goswami
Mother- Krishna Kumari Goswami
Brother- Rajiv Goswami
Sister- Neelam Goswami
|Hobbies||Listening to music, Singing|
|Favourite Actor||Dilip Kumar, Ashok Kumar|
|Favourite Actress||Kamini Kaushal|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Sons- Vishal Goswami,
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manoj Kumar
- Does Manoj Kumar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Manoj Kumar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Manoj Kumar was born in Brahmin family. When he was 10 years old, his family left Abbottabad, Pakistan and migrated to Delhi.
- When he came to India due to the partition, his family lived as refugees in Vijay Nagar, Kingsway Camp and later moved to Old Rajendra Nagar area of New Delhi.
- From a young age, he was really inspired by Dilip Kumar and Ashok Kumar and thus decided to name himself as Manoj Kumar. However, his real name is Harikrishna Giri Goswami.
- Manoj Kumar’s film career began with 1957 movie Fashion, wherein he played the role of an 80-year-old person.
- Manoj Kumar’s patriotic image was truly recognized after the release of 1965 film Shaheed. The movie was based on the life of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh.
- After 1965 Indo-Pak War, the then PM of India, Lal Bahadur Shastri, asked him to create a movie based on the popular slogan Jai Jawan Jai Kissan. To fulfill his words, he made Upkaar in 1967, in which he played both a soldier and a farmer.
- In 1981, he directed a movie, Kranti. The movie was a big hit at the box office. After Kranti, his film career began to decline because his movies were not performing well.
- Due to his many roles on Patriotism, he was nicknamed as ‘Bharat Kumar’.
- In 1989, he was the first ever Indian director to cast Pakistani actors.
- In 1992, he was awarded Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- In 1995, he quit acting. He acted for the last time in the 1995 film Maidan-E-Jung.
- Prior to 2004, it was announced that Manoj Kumar had joined Shiv Sena.
- In 2016, Manoj Kumar was bestowed with Dadasaheb Phalke Award lifetime contribution to Indian cinema.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)