Kamya Punjabi Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Husband: Shalabh Dang
Age: 40 Years
|Other name||Kamya Panjabi|
|Famous For||Playing the negative characters in many Hindi TV serials like Banoo Main Teri Dulhann (2006) and Shakti-Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki (2016)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film, Hindi: Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai (2000)
TV: Ssshhhh…Koi Hai (2001)
Film, Telugu: Maa Aavida Meeda Vottu Mee Aavida Chala Manchidi (2003)
|Date of Birth||13 August 1979 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||40 Years|
|Hobbies||Partying, Travelling, and Reading Books|
|Tattoo||On her right shoulder
|Controversy||She received a legal notice from a Mumbai court for releasing a short film ‘Hum Kuch Keh Naa Sakey’ in 2017. It was the last film of the Late TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee. Pratyusha’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh objected on the release of the film as the film was similar to the real-life of Pratyusha, and the film had a character named Rahul. The film was released on the first death anniversary of Pratyusha. Hindustan Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Bunty Negi (Businessman)
• Nimai Bali, Actor (Rumoured) Spotboye
• Karan Patel, Actor Spotboye
• Manveer Gurjar, Bigg Boss 10 Winner (Rumoured) India Today
• Shalabh Dang (Businessman)
|Marriage Date||First Marriage: 2003
Second Marriage: 10 February 2020
|Husband/Spouse||• Bunty Negi, Businessman (2003-2009)
• Shalabh Dang, Businessman (February 2020-Present)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Nanda Punjabi
• Sonia Punjabi (younger)
• Mala Punjabi (younger)
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, and Will Ferrell|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamya Punjabi
- Kamya started her career as a model.
- She appeared in many TV serials including Astitva…Ek Prem Kahani (2002), Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki (2005), Banoo Main Teri Dulhann (2006), and Beintehaa (2014).
- She got very popular with her character of ‘Sindoora Pratap Singh’ in the Zee TV’s serial Banoo Main Teri Dulhann (2006). Soon, she became one of the most popular vamps of Hindi TV serials.
- She was featured in a few music videos like ‘Mehndi Mehndi’ (1997) and ‘Kala Shah Kala’ by Anamika (2003).
- In 2003, she got married to a businessman Bunty Negi. Soon, problems started arising in their married life, and in 2006, they filed for a divorce. Later, they decided to give their marriage a second chance and withdrew their divorce papers. In October 2009, the couple was blessed with a baby girl, Aara. But, after a few months, the misunderstanding between the couple restarted, and they finally got divorced in 2013.
- Reportedly, the reason behind their divorce was Kamya’s extramarital affair with her co-star of ‘Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki’ (2005) Nimai Bali who is also the cousin brother of Sanjay Dutt.
- In 2013, she participated in ‘Bigg Boss 7’ as a contestant. The title was won by Gauhar Khan.
- She did small roles in Bollywood films like Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai (2000, girl taunting Ameesha Patel on the cruise ship), Na Tum Jaano Na Hum (2002, a lady in the final wedding scene), and Koi Mil Gaya (2003, one of the inhabitants of the hill station).
- In 2003, she acted in ‘Maa Aavida Meeda Vottu Mee Aavida Chala Manchidi,’ a Telugu film.
- She participated in ‘Comedy Circus’ along with comedian Rajiv Thakur in 2008.
- In 2014, Kamya met the TV actor Karan Patel, and soon, the rumours of their link-up started. As per the sources, they got separated because Karan was not loyal towards her, whereas, as per some other sources, Karan’s parents were not ready to accept a divorcee and a mother of a child as their daughter-in-law.
- She again came into the limelight with her role of ‘Preeto Harak Singh’ in Colors TV serial ‘Shakti-Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki.’
- In 2019, she met a businessman Shalabh Dang. They became friends, and soon they fell in love with each other. In an interview, she shared her story,
I spoke to him over the phone first. I had wanted some medical advice. Some friend had given me his reference. Then, on Feb 1, he came to Bombay for some work and we had met then. It was not a personal meeting, it was work-related. Soon, we started talking. He took the initiative. It just happened gradually as we began talking. I really liked certain qualities of Shalabh. He’s been very caring and concerned for me. Obviously, we were friends in the beginning, but very soon, he proposed me for marriage.”
- Kamya Punjabi got married to Shalabh Dang on 10 February 2020.
- She has won many awards for her negative roles in the Hindi TV serials.
- The late TV actor, Pratyusha Banerjee was one of her best friends.
- She has participated in various seasons of the Indian celebrity cricket show ‘Box Cricket League.’
- Her favourite accessory is a nose pin.
- She has deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- She is good friends with the comedian Rajiv Thakur.
- She is often spotted partying with Vikas Gupta.
- Her co-contestant of Bigg Boss 7 (2013), Kushal Tandon, is her rakhi brother.
- She loves animals and owns a pet dog.
- She has appeared as a guest in various seasons of Bigg Boss.
- She loves to spend time with the NGO kids.
- She has walked the ramp for various fashion designers.