Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 46 Years
|Full Name||Amisha Amit Patel|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Producer, Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 4”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||As an Actress
Hindi: Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai (2000)
Telugu: Badri (2000)
Tamil: Pudhiya Geethai (2003)
TV: Bigg Boss 13 (2019)
As a Producer
Film: Desi Magic (Bollywood, 2013)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Filmfare Awards
• Nominated as the Best Debut Actress for 'Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai' (2001)
• Nominated as the Best Actress Award for 'Gadar: Ek Prem Katha' (2002)
• Won the Special Performance Award for 'Gadar: Ek Prem Katha' (2002)
• Nominated as the Best Actress for 'Humraaz' (2002)
|Date of Birth||9 June 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Bombay, Maharashtra (present-day Mumbai, Maharashtra), India|
|School||Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai, India|
|College/University||Tufts University, Boston, USA|
|Educational Qualification||A Bachelor's Degree in Commerce|
|Address||51 Shakar Building opposite to the Sydenham B-road Church Gate, Mumbai|
|Political Inclination||Indian National Congress (INC)|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Tattoo||A design on the left part of her stomach
|Controversies||• In August 2006, an Air India employee lodged a complaint against Patel. The employee alleged that Patel misbehaved with her after Patel's companion was not upgraded to the first class on Mumbai-New York flight on 18 August 2006. Patel was going to attend the annual parade of India's Independence day in New York. However, the organisers of the parade sent an apology letter and clarified that they had booked two first-class tickets for Patel and her companion but the booking was transferred automatically from one flight to another, which created confusion.
• When she had an affair with the director-cum-producer, Vikram Bhatt, there was a rift between her and her family. She accused her father of embezzling her Rs. 12 crores to resurrect the family business. In July 2004, She sent a legal notice to her father and demanded her money back. However, in 2009, the matter got sorted out. India Times
• In April 2022, a social worker named Sunil Jain filed an FIR against the actress for allegedly 'cheating' the organisers of an event. According to the complainant, she charged around Rs 4 lakh for one hour’s performance at an event at Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh; however, she left after performing for 3 minutes. Later, she took to Twitter to clarify that she left the event midway as she feared for her life. Pinkvilla
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Vikram Bhatt (Director, Producer, 1999-2008)
• Kanav Puri (Businessman, 2008-2010)
|Parents||Father- Amit Patel (Businessman)
Mother- Asha Patel
|Siblings||Brother- Ashmit Patel (Actor)
|Food||Home-made Food, Chinese and Thai Cuisines|
|Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, David Dhawan, Shah Rukh Khan, Govinda|
|Actresses||Julia Robert, Angelina Jolie, Madhuri Dixit|
|Film(s)||Bollywood- Umrao Jaan, Mrityudand, Lamhe
|Singer(s)||Jagjit Singh, Sonu Nigam|
|Colour(s)||Black, White and all pastel shades|
|Perfume(s)||Dolce by Light Purple and Angel by Thierya & Mugler|
|Book||'A Bridge Across Forever' by Richard Bach|
|Travel Destination(s)||London, Paris, Amsterdam|
|Car Collection(s)||Audi Q7, BMW 730 LD, Mercedes
|Net Worth (approx.)||$30 million (as of 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ameesha Patel
- Her birth name, Amisha is a mixture of first three letters of her father’s name, Amit and last three letters of her mother’s name, Asha.
- Ameesha Patel was born in a Gujarati family. Her grandfather, Rajni Patel was a famous lawyer and politician who had also served as the President of Pradesh Congress Committee, Mumbai.
- When she was only five years old, she started learning Bharatanatyam and within a very short period of time, she got trained in it.
- Having completed her graduation in the USA, Patel received an offer from an American Investment Banking Company, Morgan Stanley, but she turned it down.
- After returning to India, Patel joined Satyadev Dubey’s theatre group and acted in plays, including an Urdu language play titled Neelam (1999).
- Patel has also modelled for well-known Indian brands like Bajaj Sevashram, Fair & Lovely, Cadburys Jai Lime, Fem, Lux, and some others.
- Her debut film, Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai (2000) was a big hit on the box-office.
- Rakesh Roshan selected her when he invited her family for lunch. Prior to her, the role of the lead actress in Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai was given to Kareena Kapoor, but she rejected.
- Her film- Gadar: Ek Prem Katha was a huge success at the box office. The film is one of the biggest hits in the history of Hindi cinema. To be cast as a lead actress for the film, 22 girls were shortlisted from 500 girls who came to audition for the film. Eventually, Patel was selected.
- Between 2002 to 2005, Patel had also appeared in some talk shows such as Rendezvous with Simi Garewal and The Manish Malhotra Show.
- In September 2004, Patel Joined PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). She does not support the captivity of animals in zoos. Once she stated-
“George Washington, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi… we had them. Animals don’t; they need us. Let’s fight for their freedom.”
- In February 2005, she also performed at the HELP! Telethon Concert to raise money for the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami.
- In 2006, she joined an NGO called PlanetRead, which helps people in villages to learn reading through film songs.
- In October 2007, Patel, along with Kirron Kher and John Abraham, joined the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to fight against human trafficking in India.
- In 2008, she appeared in a bikini item number, ‘Lazy Lamhe’ in Kunal Kohli’s ‘Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic.’ For the song, she learned scuba-diving, which took 15 days.
- In August 2009, after five years of her family feud, Mumbai Mirror, a local Newspaper in Mumbai, reported that Ameesha Patel and her brother, Ashmit, had patched up on the occasion of ‘Raksha Bandhan’ and were spotted together at PVR Cinemas in Juhu. Mumbai Mirror
- Patel has also been featured on the cover page of Maxim India three times.
- On 23 April 2011, she launched her production company, Ameesha Patel Productions in collaboration with her friend, Kuunal Goomer.
- In 2019, she participated in Bigg Boss 13. The show’s host, Salman Khan made her ‘Malkin’ of the show who kept an eye on each and every contestant.
- Here’s an interesting video about Ameesha Patel’s biography: