Karthik Kumar Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
• Stand up comedian
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 182 cm
in meters- 1.82 m
in feet & inches- 6
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 46 Inches
- Waist: 38 Inches
- Biceps: 16 Inches
|Debut||Tamil Film: 'Alaipayuthey' as Shyam (2000)
TV: Tamil television show 'Dharmayutham' as Arjun (2012)
|Honours||• In 2018, he received an award by Your Story as The Disruptors of Tamil Nadu.
• In 2019, he was in the list of 20 most promising corporate outbond training providers.
|Date of Birth||21 November 1977 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||44 Years|
|School||Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School, Tamil Nadu (1996)|
|College/University||• Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Tamil Nadu
• Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
|Educational Qualification Karthik Kumar-Facebook||• B. Tech in Chemical Engineering (1999)
• Marketing/Brand Management (2001)
|Hobbies||Travelling, cooking, painting|
|Controversies||• Guess the next script
In 2017, Karthik posted a video on Facebook in which he asked his followers to guess what was his next script about. While shooting the video, he panned the camera towards his wife and made it obvious that the script was about her. This video led to criticism because earlier, private photos of many Tamil actors like Dhanush, Rana Daggubati were posted through his ex-wife`s Suchitra`s Twitter account. Clarifying the issue, on one of the Facebook page, Kumar wrote,
"Good morning. The last few days have been disturbing for us as a family as Suchi’s Twitter account was hacked. Today we have retrieved her account. All the tweets published over the last few days were not by Suchi and is completely false." India Today
• Bloody Chutney was very bitter
In 2018, a film titled 'Blood Chutney' was released by Karthik on Amazon Prime Video. After watching the film, many media house reported that in the movie, there was body-shaming, sexism, hypocrisy. Kumar talked about the controversy and said that his jokes were being taken in wrong way. The Quint
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage: 27 November 2005
• Second Marriage: 12 December 2021
|Wife/Spouse||• First Wife: Suchitra Ramadurai (Radio Jockey) (2005-2017)
• Second Wife: Amrutha Srinivasan (Actress) (2021)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Name Not Known
|Singer||M. Rafi, Jagjit Singh|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karthik Kumar
- Karthik Kumar is an Indian stand-up comedian, who has also worked in Tamil film and television shows.
- Karthik started his journey as an actor, and has appeared in Tamil films like Kanda Naal Mudhal (2005), Kola Kolaya Mundhirika (2010), Veppam (2011), Ticket (2017), and Mannar Vagaiyara (2018).
- He has also featured in some Hindi films that include Saathiya (2002), Yuva (2004), and Sapno Ke Desh Mein (2010).
- Karthik became interested in acing when he was 10 years old and watched the Tamil film Nayagan (1987).
- When he was 16, he played the role of a drunk man in one of the plays held in his school. In an interview, he revealed that he actually got drunk for the role.
- After Kartik complete his graduation, at the age of 25, he started an event management company named “Evam” in 2003. One of his classmates Sunil Vishnu was his partner in the company. His company went bankrupt in 2009 and 2013. In an interview, he talked about his company and said,
We wanted to make a living out of what we loved and we loved and we loved theatre, and also for that feeling of being significant.”
- In 2016, Kartik took retirement from acting, and started doing stand-up comedy. He wrote a retirement note on Facebook. Karthik Kumar- Facebook In the note, he wrote,
19 Feature films later I’m finally stopping – I’m not going to seek out more work in Cinema as an actor… its time to hang those boots, for good, or for a long while… either way they gotta come off now! Going to shoot for my 19th Feature – a cute comedy drama by a director whose tone of comedy is much enjoyable… I’m going through the charades of haggling with production, dates juggling, begging for bound script and dance master fearing… the usual!”
- In 2018, Karthik wrote the book ‘Don’t Startup: What no one tells you about starting your business.’ In an interview, he talked about the title of the book and said,
When you usually tell an entrepreneurial personality not to do something, they definitely end up doing it. Money making was incredibly difficult. Not just that, we heard a lot of nos too. Nobody will tell you that a start-up is the best thing. You’ll hear a lot of ‘This won’t make enough money’ and ‘You aren’t the right person to try it out’.”
- He has featured in many YouTube comic videos that include ‘South Indian vs North Indian,’ ‘Vegetarians vs Non-Vegetarians,’ and ‘Middle Class Eating Out.’
- Karthik has done around 300 shows in India and other countries. His first solo special was ‘#PokeMe,’ second was ‘Second Decoction,’ and the recent was ‘Blood Chutney.’
- Karthik was married to famous playback singer Suchitra Ramadurai, but later got divorced in 2017. In an interview, he talked about his wife and said that he often thought about his wife and was fond of her.
- On 12 December 2021, he married actress Amrutha Srinivasan. They have a age difference of 16 years. The marriage ceremony took place in Chennai. On Instagram, he posted a picture with his wife and wrote,
She got my back. I know now what it means, to have someone fully have your back. I have her back. And that’s special because she lets me. Now I know I’m her home.”
- He has featured in various newspapers and magazines.
- He is an avid dog lover.
- He often posts pictures of himself while drinking.
|↑4||Karthik Kumar- Facebook|