|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||12 November 1984 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|College/University||Cardiff University, UK|
|Educational Qualification||She obtained a journalism, film and broadcasting degree at Cardiff University. Indian Express|
|Tattoo(s)||• She has inked a guitar on her forearm as she loves music.
• She has inked full arm tattoo.
• She has inked aeroplane on her wedding finger.
• She has inked a butterfly tattoo on her left foot, and a tattoo is engraved by her on her left side leg.
• She has a scorpio tattoo inked on her left ankle.
• She has a tattoo on the inner side of her right leg.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||23 January 2019
|Marriage Place||Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Husband/Spouse||Amitesh Ray (Lawyer)
|Parents||Father- Rajen Parikh
Mother- Kalpana Misra (a writer and a teacher)
|Siblings||Sisters- Nayantara Parikh (youngest sister and a photographer), and her middle sister lives in Cambridge, and she is an archaeologist.|
|Movies||The Dreamers, Love Me If You Dare, Almost Famous, Fight Club, Vigo, Women Talking Dirty|
|Books||Lionel Shriver, Salman Rushdie, Jack Kerouac, Ken Kesey, Margaret Atwood, Danny Sugarman, Nadeem Aslam, Kiran Desai, Tarun Tejpal, Pablo Neruda, Peter Carey, Tom Robbins, Tom Wolfe, Chuck Klosterman|
|Writers||Michael Ondaatje, Nadeem Aslam, Tolstoy, Arundhati Roy, Svetlana Alexeivich, Barbara Kingsolver, Ann Patchett, Zadie Smith, Graham Greene|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karuna Ezara Parikh
- Does Karuna Ezara Parikh consumes alcohol?: Yes
- Does Karuna Ezara Parikh smokes cigarettes?: Yes
- Karuna Ezara Parikh is an Indian writer and poetess who has also worked as a screenwriter for Ishaan Nair’s film Kaash in 2015. She is also associated with an online store named ‘The Burlap People’ that sells handcrafted products like sustainable bags from pre-washed fabrics, the perfect jeans, and earrings online. The Burlap People Karuna Ezara Parikh also worked as a model and a television journalist for some time.
- Karuna Ezara Parikh has over 82k followers on Instagram as she is a social media influencer.
- Karuna Ezara Parikh started working as a print journalist for an Indian media house soon after finishing her journalism degree. During her career as a print journalist, she penned several articles.
- On television, initially, she started working as an anchor on Doordarshan’s television series ‘Destination Himalaya.’
- Later, she worked in a travel and talk show on NDTV Good Times titled ‘Life’s A Beach.’ After completing 50 episodes of the show on different locations and beaches across the world, she left the show. Soon, she started working as a model, and she also contributed as a screenwriter in the 2015 Bollywood film Kaash.
- Around the same time, she began her own online fashion line named Karuna for Fashion. (https://www.fashionatclick.com)
- In 2020, she published her first novel titled ‘The Heart Asks Pleasure First.’ In a conversation with a media house, she narrated how she began writing a book. She revealed,
At first I wrote poems – note- books and notebooks full of them. But I didn’t know you could “be a poet”. I didn’t understand how one could. I would send poems to the newspaper. No one ever wrote back of course. I think it’s why I studied Journalism eventually. It was the only way I thought I could, maybe, make any money writing.”
- Karuna Ezara Parikh is also a poetess.
- Karuna Ezara Parikh has inked her full arm with different tattoos. She mentioned the meaning of her full arm tattoo on her blog. She wrote,
I never planned for those tendrils and mandalas, the feathers and fine mesh all happened somewhat by mistake, somewhat by chance. There’s a deer there somewhere because a girl I love calls me one. There’s a flower that’s in constant bloom. There’s a bride’s worth of henna tumbling down that arm in black.”
- In her leisure time, Karuna Ezara Parikh loves to do photography.
- Various beauty and clothing brands are endorsed by Karuna Ezara Parikh on her social media accounts.
- Karuna Ezara Parikh loves to do yoga regularly.
- Karuna Ezara Parikh loves dogs. She often posts pictures of her pet dog Clover on her social media account.
- Karuna Ezara Parikh shared a video while hosting an art culture event in Singapore in 2019.
- Karuna Ezara Parikh is often featured by various Indian magazines and tabloids on their cover page.
- Karuna Ezara Parikh is often seen delivering live motivational speeches on her social media account. She is also seen supporting women activism and environmentalist organisations on her social media platform.