|Real Name||Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 41 inches
- Waist: 33 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||7 January 1967|
|Age (as in 2018)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Khajuriya village, Tonk district, Rajasthan, India|
|College/University||National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Dramatic Arts|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Salaam Bombay (1988)
Film (British): The Warrior (2001)
Film (Hollywood): A Mighty Heart (2007)
TV (Actor): Shrikant (1985)
|Address||5th floor of an apartment in Oshiwara, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Reading, Playing Cricket|
|Awards, Honours||Filmfare Awards
2004: Best Actor in a Negative Role for Haasil
2008: Best Supporting Actor for Life in a... Metro
2013: Best Actor (Critics) for Paan Singh Tomar
2018: Best Actor for Hindi Medium
Government of India Awards
2011: Honoured with Padma Shri by the Government of India
2004: Screen Awards for Best Performance in a Negative Role for Haasil
2012: CNN-IBN Indian of the Year
2013: Institute for Research and Documentation in Social Sciences awarded him as Best Male Character for Paan Singh Tomar
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Controversy||In July 2016, he landed himself in a controversy over remarks on the Islamic ritual of ‘qurbani’, or sacrificing animals on Eid-al-Adha, while he was promoting his film Madaari in Jaipur. He said, "Jitne rituals hain, jitney festivals hain, hum unka asal matlab bhool gaye hain. Hamne unko ek tamasha bana diya he. (We have forgotten the real meaning behind rituals and festivals and have turned them into a spectacle). Qurbani ek bahut ahem festival hai… it means to sacrifice. A goat was then a prime source of food, and there were many who went hungry. So you had to, in a way, sacrifice something dear to you and distribute it to people." His comments were criticized by the Muslim clerics. Irrfan in reply tweeted, "Pls Bhaiyon, who r upset with my statement, either u r not ready to introspect or u r in a hurry to reach to a conclusion."|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sutapa Sikdar (Dialogue writer)|
|Marriage Date||February 23, 1995|
|Wife/Spouse||Sutapa Sikdar (Dialogue writer, m. 1995-present)
|Children||Sons- Ayaan Khan, Babil Khan
|Parents||Father- Sahabzada Yaseen Ali Khan (Entreprenuer)
Mother- Sayeeda Begum
|Siblings||Brothers- Salman Khan, Imran Khan
Sister- Rukhsana Begum
|Favourite Actor||Philip Seymour Hoffman, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Marlon Brando|
|Favourite Film||The Men (1950)|
|Favourite Restaurant||Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat in France|
|Salary (approx.)||₹12-14 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹344 Crores ($50 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Irrfan Khan
- Does Irrfan Khan Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Irrfan was born into a family with royal connections from his mother’s side, and his father was a wealthy Zamindar who wanted him to join their family business of tires.
- In his school, he was a very shy person; as his teachers used to scold him because his voice was never audible in the class.
- He faced a lot of struggle in his teenage, and he has worked as a repairer of air conditioners and also as a tutor to earn his living.
- He aspired to become a cricketer, but his parents were not in favour of this.
- He was selected for a tournament named CK Nayudu Tournament, which is for players under 23 years, but due to lack of funds, he missed the opportunity.
- While pursuing MA in Jaipur, he was offered a scholarship to attend NSD (National School of Drama) and by luck, he entered the world of drama.
- In his final year at NSD, Mira Nair selected him to appear in Salaam Bombay. However, his role was cut down at the time of release.
- Later, he appeared in some unnoticed films during the 90s. But things changed when he got the opportunity to play a role in the British-Indian film ‘The Warrior.’
- He rose to fame with his negative role in Tigmanshu Dhulia‘s film- Haasil in 2003.
- In 2005, he got his first lead role in the film “Rog”, after many of his films got shelved.
- He appeared in various TV shows like Chanakya, Chandrakanta, and Bharat Ek Khoj after completing his diploma from NSD.
- He met the love of his life- Sutapa Sikdar (now wife) in NSD where they used to study in the same class.
- Irrfan changed the name of his spelling from “Irfan” to “Irrfan” in 2012, but there was no numerology behind this, he just liked the sound of extra “r” in his name and he added that.
- He has a dream of gifting her mother a suitcase full of money one day.
- His acting in the film “Paan Singh Tomar” was critically acclaimed by the audience, and he also got many accolades for the film.
- His acting in the film “Lunch Box” was critically acclaimed by the audience and became the only Indian movie to get a TFCA Award (Toronto Film Critics Association).
- For his commitment to the films- Lunch Box and D-Day, he turned down a quite big role in the movie- Interstellar; as he had to leave India and stay in the USA for four months.
- He once told that in 1993, he didn’t have enough money to watch Jurassic Park, but in 2015, he appeared in the American film- Jurassic World.
- Apart from acting, he has also voiced two video games titled “Lego Jurassic World” and “Lego Dimensions”.
- In September 2015, the Rajasthan government named him the brand ambassador of “Resurgent Rajasthan” campaign.
- Just because his name resembles a terror suspect, he has been detained twice at Los Angeles Airport.
- He is very much choosy when it comes to scripts, and he gives a good research to his role. His writer-wife once told that she had to rewrite the script of some of the episodes of “Banegi Apni Baat” a dozen times because Irrfan wasn’t satisfied with it.
- Despite being born in a Pathan family, he hates Non-Vegetarian, and his father often comments on him by saying that he is a Brahmin born in Pathans.
- He is the first Bollywood actor to have acted in two films that won the Academy Awards – Slumdog Millionaire (2008) and Life of Pi (2012). However, the first choice for this role in Slumdog Millionaire was Gulshan Grover.
- For the film “Piku”, he rejected Ridley Scott’s film- The Martian.
- Irrfan just took 2 hours to read the script of Blackmail and agreed to do it. It was also reported later that he was diagnosed with a tumour at the time of shoot of this film.
- On 16 March 2018, he revealed that he is suffering from a rare disease called “NeuroEndocrine Tumour”, a situation in which the neuroendocrine cells grow into tumours.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡