|Famous Role||"Uma" in Mahesh Manjrekar's film "Kaksparsh" (2012)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film Playback Singer (Hindi): Song- "Phir Se Chamke Tim Tim Taare;" film- Dashavatar (2008)
Film Playback Singer (Marathi): Song- "manaat yete mahya;" film- Taani (2013)
Film Actress: Shala (2012)
|Date of Birth||22 February 1994|
|Age (as in 2019)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Dr. Kalmadi High School, Pune|
|College/University||Trinity College of Music, London|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in English Literature|
|Hobbies||Playing the Piano, Travelling|
|Tattoo||A Tattoo On Her Right Wrist
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Parag Mategaonkar (Mujsic Director)
Mother- Suvarna Mategaonkar (Singer)
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Scientist||Stephen Hawking|
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Suresh Wadkar|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ketaki Mategaonkar
- Ketaki Mategaonkar was born into a family strongly connected with the art of music.
- In the 90s, her family shifted to Pune from Nagpur.
- She is very close to her mother, and she developed an interest in music since she had started listening to her mother’s note-perfect rendition of lullabies.
- Talking about Ketaki’s brilliant grasp in music, her mother, Suvarna, says-
At three, Ketaki already had an impeccable ear for music. And it wasn’t just the broad strokes — the little girl could also notice all the subtleties and intricate layers — identify the minutest of off-key notes that go unnoticed on most.”
- The impact of her family’s music culture was so fascinating to Ketaki that whenever she heard her mother singing, she would hum along with her mother.
- In her childhood, Ketaki also used to guess the songs, which her father used to play on the keyboards.
- In an interview, Ketaki mother, Suvarna, said that she always wished Ketaki to follow in her footsteps and become a singer someday.
- Ketaki had started singing children’s songs for a couple of albums but it was only when she turned 10, that she wished to learn music from her mother.
- Thereafter, Ketaki started performing in concerts professionally.
- The mother-daughter duo of Suvarna and Ketaki has performed together in a number of shows and share magnificent chemistry on stage.
- Ketaki gives all credits to her mother for being a professional singer, and says-
Apart from the technicalities of music, there’s so much that I’ve learnt from Aai, simply by closely observing her on stage — the way she changes her timbre to suit the mood of each song, her clear enunciation, relentless practice sessions before every programme even though she may have sung those same songs dozens of times in the past, her sheer sincerity is something that has always inspired me.”
- Thereafter, she started taking part in reality shows where she recieved huge applause both by the judges and the audience.
- Apart from being an established singer, Ketaki has also acted in a few films.
- At the age of 15, Ketaki made her debut in acting with Sujay Dahake’s film Shala (2012). When Sujay Dahake saw her singing on television in a reality show, he decided to cast her in his film Shala (2012).
- Thereafter, Ketaki went on to star in films such as Kaksparsh (2012), Taani (2013), Timepass (2014) and Phuntroo (2016).
- However, Ketaki became a true star only after the release of Kaksparsh (2012). She got the film after Sachin Khedekar saw her stills on social media and recommended her to Mahesh Manjrekar to cast her in his film Kaksparsh (2012).
- After Phuntroo (2016), Ketaki deliberately took a break from films to finish her degree in English Literature.
- Ketaki has also given advanced level exams at the Trinity College of Music, London.
- In 2017, she released a duet ‘Aal aabahal’ (Chhand Priticha) with singer Javed Ali, which earned her critical acclaims.
- Ketaki was also offered some significant roles in television including the lead role in the Balika Vadhu and the role of Ramabai Ranade in Marathi television serial Uncha Maza Zoka. However, Ketaki had declined all the offers; as she wanted to focus on her singing.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)
- In February 2019, she appeared on the dance reality show, Dance Plus 4, where she shared the stage with the winner of the show, Chetan Salunkhe, who is a hardcore fan of Ketaki.