|Full Name||Suresh Ishwar Wadkar|
|Profession(s)||Music Teacher, Playback Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||7 August 1955|
|Age (as in 2018)||63 Years|
|Birthplace||Karvir, Kolhapur, Maharashtra|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Karvir, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad, India|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Music|
|Debut||Singing: "Bristi Pare Tapur Tupur" for Paheli (1977)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Madan Mohan Best Male Singer Award at the Sur-Singer Competition (1976)
• Best Playback Singer Award at BFJA (Bengal Film Journalists' Association ) Awards for Ram Teri Ganga Maili (1986)
• Lata Mangeshkar Puraskar instituted by Madhya Pradesh Government (2004)
• Maharashtra Pride Award by Maharashtra Government (2007)
• National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer for song “Hey Bhaskara Kshitija Vari Ya” (2011)
• Late Sadashiv Amarapurkar Award by Ahmednagar's Think Global Foundation (2017)
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Marriage Date||July 1998|
|Wife/Spouse||Padma Wadkar (Playback Singer)
Daughter(s)- Jiya Wadkar (Singer)
Ananya Wadkar (Singer)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Composer||Vishal Bhardwaj|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, Mohammed Rafi, Mehdi Hassan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suresh Wadkar
- Suresh Wadkar is an Indian playback singer, who is well-known for his contribution in both Hindi and Marathi Film Industries.
- He began acquiring music education from his guru Jialal Vasant at the age of 8. With his unique voice, he impressed his music teacher and started doing stage shows at a very young age.
- In 1968, his guru assigned him the responsibility to initiate Tabla with a student during an occasion. One year later, he was chosen to teach vocal classical to a group of youngsters. As per the music education system, it is mandatory to give music training before applying for the graduation in music from Prayag Sangeet Samiti. Prayag Sangeet Samiti provides “Prabhakar” certificate to the students after the successful completion of the graduation, and this certificate permits those students to teach music professionally.
- He completed his graduation successfully, got his Prabhakar certificate, and started his journey as a music teacher from Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai, India.
- Apart from this, he opened his music schools in Mumbai (India) and New Jersey (US). He also began his online music school ‘Suresh Wadkar Ajivasan Music Academy’ (SWAMA) under Ace Open University.
- In 1976, he participated in a singing competition show “Sur-Singer” and emerged as the winner of the show. The show was judged by renowned Indian film industry composers including Ravindra Jain and Jaidev.
- In 1977, Ravindra Jain offered him the opportunity to make his Bollywood debut by signing songs for the film”Paheli.”
- Then, Jaidev gave him the chance to sing the song “Seene Mein Jalan” for “Gaman” (1978) movie.
- Later, Lata Mangeshkar heard his voice; she was so impressed that she recommended him to various film personalities like Kalyanji–Anandji, Laxmikant–Pyarelal, and Mohammed Zahur Khayyam. After hearing his voice, Laxmikant–Pyarelal gave him a chance to sing the song “Chal Chameli Bagh Mein” with Lata Ji for the film Krodhi (1981).
- Following this, he lent his voice in several hit movies including Pyaasa Sawan (1981), Prem Rog (1982), Utsav (1984), Toofan (1989), Kurbaan (1991), Indra (2002), and more. He has also sung numerous devotional songs in different languages.
- He has played the part of a judge along with Sonu Nigam on a singing competition show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs International.”
- During the starting phase of his bright career, he got the marriage proposal of Madhuri Dixit, but he rejected the proposal, and the reason he gave at that time was: “The girl is too thin.”
- In 2007, his elder daughter Ananya Wadkar made her debut in Bollywood as a playback singer with the song “Mera Jahan” from the film “Taare Zameen Par.”
- In 2016, his younger daughter Jiya Wadkar made her debut with ‘Sapnon Ka Gaon’ album at the age of 8.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)