|Real name||Sabeena Abdul Latheef HinduPost|
|Profession(s)||Actress, TV Presenter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film (Malayalam): Naran (2005) as Pushpa
TV (Malayalam): Sthreedhanam (2005) as Sari’s sister
|Date of Birth||11 March 1985 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Kayamkulam, Alappuzha district of Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Nooranad, Alappuzha District, Kerala, India|
|School||• St. Mary’s LPS Charummoodu, Kerala
• CBMHS Nooranad, Palamel, Kerala
• PUM Vocational Higher Secondary School, Pallickal, Kerala
|Educational Qualification||She dropped out of her school when she was in twelfth standard. East Coast Daily Malayalam|
|Religion||Although Lakshmi Priya was born into a Muslim family, she started following Hinduism at the age of 19. HinduPost After officially converting into a Hindu, she publically declared that she was an adherent follower of Hinduism on 13 July 2021 via an official gazette published by the Government of Kerala.|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) HinduPost
|Address||Cyber Heights, Flat No. 12B, Asset Homes, VSNL Road, Kakkanad P. O., Ernakulam District, Kerala, Pin-682030|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||21 April 2005
Note: Lakshmi Priya got married in a Hindu wedding ceremony.
|Husband/Spouse||Jayesh Purushothaman (also known as P. Jayesh) (film director, who has predominantly worked in Malayalam film industry)
|Children||Daughter- Mathangi Jai
|Siblings||She has two sisters.|
|Book(s)||Randamoozham by M. T. Vasudevan Nair, Mattathi by Sarah Joseph, Samudrasíla by Subash Chandran|
|Writer(s)||M. T. Vasudevan Nair, Sarah Joseph, Madhavikutty, Subash Chandran|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lakshmi Priya
- Lakshmi Priya is an Indian actress and TV presenter, who is popular for her work in the Malayalam entertainment industry. She is best known for appearing in the Malayalam films ‘Kadha Thudarunnu’ (2010) as Mallika and ‘Molly Aunty Rocks!’ (2012) as Usha.
- Her parents divorced when she was two-and-a-half years old. Lakshmi Priya grew up at her father’s ancestral home in Nooranadu. She was raised by her paternal uncle Latheef. Despite growing up in a big family, along with five uncles, she felt a deep sense of loneliness and longing for her parents’ love and care.
- At the age of five, she met her estranged father. However, Lakshmi was alienated even after their reunion. The following father daughter get-together happened when Lakshmi Priya was thirteen. By then, her father had remarried and raised another family.
- For a long time, she believed that her mother was dead. To her amazement, Lakshmi discovered that her mother was alive when she met her at the age of fourteen. However, she was utterly disappointed after meeting her estranged mother as she realised that they had detached from each other. In an interview, while talking about her reunion with her mother, she said,
I am someone who grew up believing that my mother was dead. When I was 14, I went alone to meet my mother, expecting that she would shower me with the love and care that she had been holding back for all these years. However, it was nothing like I expected. I realized that such things happen only in the movies.”
- A proficient classical dancer, she is skilled in various dance forms like Bharatanatyam, Mohiniyattam, Kathakali, and Ottanthullal. She also earned the title of ‘Kalathilakam’ during her school days.
- She finally escaped her loneliness when she began her career as a theatre artist at the age of sixteen.
- After working as a stage actor for a while, she got married to Jayesh Purushothaman. Thereafter, she moved to Kakkanad, Kochi.
- Although she wanted to become an actress since childhood, she secured an opportunity to venture into the Malayalam film industry only after her marriage with help of her father-in-law Pattanakkad Purushothaman, a renowned Malayalam playback singer.
- The role of Sari’s sister in Lakshmi Priya’s debut TV show, Sthreedhanam, was first offered to her sister-in-law. As the casting director wanted an actress with long hair, the role was passed onto Lakshmi Priya.
- In 2005, she appeared in the Malayalam TV show ‘Ayyadi Maname,’ which was telecast on Kairali TV.
- In the 2009 Malayalam romantic comedy-drama film ‘Bhagyadevatha,’ she played the role of Sofia.
- In 2010, she gained immense appreciation for playing the role of Mallika in the Malayalam drama film ‘Kadha Thudarunnu.’
- She played the role of a biology teacher in the 2012 Malayalam film ‘Last Bench.’
- She has also starred in the TV show ‘Aranazhika Neram’ (2010). Telecast on Amrita TV, the show bagged nine awards in the Kerala State Television Awards.
- She has appeared in various Malayalam TV shows which were telecast on the channel Surya TV including Abhinetri (2012).
- In the 2012 Malayalam film ‘Molly Aunty Rocks!,’ she played the role of Usha.
- In 2015, she gained popularity when she toured with the theatrical production of ‘Hidimbi’ (also called Hidumbi). The play was first staged at Sopanam Auditorium in Kollam on 18 March 2015.
- Apparently, the actress was planning to have a baby when Vidyadharan master, a great musician and an old friend of her father, told her about the opportunity to play the titular role in the play Hidimbi. Her portrayal of Hidimbi also earned her the name of Lady Mohanlal; Mohanlal is a celebrated Malayalam actor. Deccan Chronicle
- In the same year, she played the lead role of Devu in the Malayalam film ‘Ithinumappuram.’
- She became a household name with the Malayalam TV show Nirupama Fans (2015-2016), which was telecast on Flowers TV.
- Other TV shows on Flowers TV in which she appeared are Seetha (2018) and Pulivaal (2020).
- She played the role of Aamina in the 2019 film ‘Safe.’ The film revolves around an IPS officer named Shreya, who struggles to investigate a sexual abuse case.
- Other than daily soaps, Lakshmi Priya is also known for appearing in numerous reality TV shows like Aram + Aram = Kinnaram, Laughing Villa, and Badai Bungalow.
- As a TV presenter, she has hosted the TV show ‘Little Kitchen,’ a cookery competition for kids. She also appeared on the cookery show ‘Taste Time,’ a telecast on Asianet.
- She authored her autobiographical book titled ‘Kathayum Kathapathrangalum Sankalpikamalla’ in 2019.
- A voracious reader since childhood, Lakshmi Priya decided to pen her autobiography after she was encouraged by the Indian film director Sathyan Anthikad, who appreciated her excellent sense of language.
- In 2022, she rose to prominence after appearing in the popular reality TV show Bigg Boss (Malayalam season 4) as a contestant.
- Lakshmi Priya has collaboratively worked alongside the social service groups Disha and Koottu, which aims towards instilling leadership qualities in children and promoting organic farming.
- Her PAN Card reads her name as ‘Sabeenajayesh’ and her Driving Licence reads her name as ‘Sabeena Jayesh.’
- Before her marriage to P. Jayesh, she was engaged to be married to a lawyer, but she broke the marriage when the groom’s family demanded a dowry of 101 gold coins. In an interview, while revealing this incident she also confessed that when she got married to P. Jayesh, the only gold jewellery she wore was her mangalsutra.
- In an interview, she revealed that she faced difficulty in getting pregnant, and she had undergone an abortion twice. Thereafter, when she was pregnant with Mathangi Jai the doctors discovered that the umbilical cord was lying around the baby’s neck. Consequently, Lakshmi had to deliver the baby in the sixth month of her pregnancy via cesarean section. The baby girl remained in critical care for 45 days after her birth.