|Full Name||Nikkhil Suresh Advani|
|Profession(s)||Producer, Director, Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||28 April 1971|
|Age (as in 2018)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Green Lawns High School, Breach Candy, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Chemistry|
|Debut||Film (Assistant Director): Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin (1996)
Film (Director): Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)
TV (Director): Shaadi Vaadi & All That (2015)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2003: Apsara Film Producers Guild Awards: Best Debut Director for Kal Ho Naa Ho
2003: Screen Weekly Awards: Distinction in Directorial Debut for Kal Ho Naa Ho
2012: National Film Awards: India Best Animation Film for Delhi Safari
2016: Asian Television Awards: Best Direction (Fiction) for P.O.W. Bandi Yuddh Ke
2016: Indian Television Academy Awards, India: Best Serial- Drama for P.O.W. Bandi Yuddh Ke
|Controversy||After the release of Kal Ho Naa Ho (where he worked with Karan Johar as his assistant director), ego clashes and distance started growing between Karan Johar and Nikkhil. Nikkhil decided to get separated from Dharma Productions. They did not talk for years, but when Karan Johar's father, Yash Johar passed away, they started talking to each other.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Daughter- Keya Advani
|Parents||Father- Suresh Advani (Pharmaceutical Business)
Mother- Late Rekha Advani (Advertising Professional)
|Siblings||Brother- Kunal Advani
Sister- Monisha Advani (Co-Founder of Emmay Entertainment)
|Favourite Director(s)||Karan Johar, Sudhir Mishra|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Jackie Shroff, Anil Kapoor|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Film||Parinda (1989)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹7.6 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nikkhil Advani
- Does Nikkhil Advani smoke?: Not Known
- Does Nikkhil Advani drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born to a Sindhi father and a Maharashtrian mother.
- He is the second cousin of producer Ekta Kapoor and actor Tusshar Kapoor. He is the grand-nephew of producer N. N. Sippy.
- He started dating Suparna Gupta (now his wife) since he was 18 and got married to her in 1992.
- when he was 21, he started his career as an assistant director to Saeed and Aziz Mirza with a TV show, Naya Nukkad (1993-1994).
- He has been an assistant director to Sudhir Mishra in the film, Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin (1996). He also got a chance to work with the producer, late Yash Johar under Dharma Productions.
- He went on to assist Karan Johar in his two big films, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) in which Advani made an acting guest appearance along with Farah Khan and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum (2001). Likewise, he assisted on Aditya Chopra‘s film ‘Mohabbatein.’
- In 2003, he made his directorial debut “Kal Ho Naa Ho” under Dharma Productions, starring Jaya Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, and Preity Zinta. The film bagged six Filmfare awards and was considered as one of the biggest hits of 2003. Kal Ho Naa Ho’s success made him a recognized director.
- His second film was “Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute To Love” with an ensemble star cast Anil Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Sohail Khan, Isha Koppikar, Akshaye Khanna, Ayesha Takia, Govinda, Shannon Esra, John Abraham, and Vidya Balan, which got mixed reviews.
- After Patiala House, he, along with Madhu Bhojwani and Monisha Advani (his sister), founded a motion picture production company ‘Emmay Entertainment.’
- In 2012, “Delhi Safari,” India’s first stereoscopic 3D animation film was directed and written by him.
- “D-Day” (2013) is the first movie to be produced under his production house.
- In 2015, in a joint venture with Salman Khan productions, he directed the film “Hero,” an official remake of 1983’s “Hero” by Subhash Ghai. It was a launch pad film for Sooraj Pancholi and Athiya Shetty.
- Some other notable films produced by him are Katti Batti (2015), Airlift (2016), and Lucknow Central (2017).
- Nikkhil Advani scripted “Bazaar (2018);” a crime film directed by Gauravv K. Chawla, starring Saif Ali Khan, Chitrangada Singh, debutant Rohan Mehra and Radhika Apte.
- “Satyameva Jayate (2018),” an Indian vigilante action thriller film starring John Abraham, Manoj Bajpayee, Amruta Khanvilkar, Nora Fatehi, was produced by Advani and directed by Milap Milan Zaveri, whereas “Batlahouse” was jointly produced by John Abraham, Bhushan Kumar, and Nikkhil Advani.
- In an interview, he revealed that he was strongly moved by the film “Parinda,” and after watching this movie, he decided to invest all his creativity in filmmaking.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)