Lauren Bell Height, Age, Family, Biography & More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Swindon, Wiltshire, England
Age: 22 Years
|Full name||Lauren Katie Bell Zee News|
|Nickname||The Shard The Hundred|
|Physical Stats & More|
|PIPA News Height||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 0”
|International Debut||ODI- 15 July 2022 vs South Africa
Test- 27 June 2022 vs South Africa
T20- 10 September 2022 vs India
|Jersey Number||# 63 (England)|
|Domestic/State Team||• 2015-present: Berkshire
• 2019: Middlesex
• 2018–present: Southern Vipers
• 2021–present: Southern Brave
• 2023-present: UP Warriorz
|Batting Style||Right hand batsman|
|Bowling Style||Right arm fast medium|
|Date of Birth||2 January 2001 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||22 Years|
|Birthplace||Swindon, Wiltshire, England|
|Hometown||Swindon, Wiltshire, England|
|College/University||Loughborough University, England|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in sports science Zee News|
|Relationships & More|
Mother- Morag Bell (teacher)
|Siblings||Sister- Colette Bell (cricketer)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lauren Bell
- Lauren Bell is a British cricketer who is known for being part of teams Berkshire Women’s cricket team, Southern Vipers and Southern Brave. She has also played for Middlesex Women’s cricket team in the Women’s Twenty20 Cup. In 2023, she was bought by UP Warriorz for the Women’s Premier League to be held in March 2023.
- Before playing cricket, she used to play football for Reading Football Club till the age of 16. She represented her state team in games including football and athletics. In an interview, she said that when she was 16 years old, she got admission to Vipers academy and her father told her that he could only afford one sport cricket or football. So, she chose cricket because she was good at it and thought of making a career out of it.
- Bell started playing cricket for Hungerford Cricket Club and was the first girl to play for Bradfield College.
- In 2015, when she was 14 years old, she made her Women’s County Championship debut for Berkshire Women’s Cricket team. She played eight matches in the 2015 season and took seven wickets in the tournament.
- In 2019, she played for the Middlesex Women’s cricket team in the Twenty20 Cup after being taken on loan from her previous team Berkshire.
- In 2018, she made her debut for the Southern Vipers in the Women’s Cricket Super League. In 2019, she played the Women’s Cricket Super League final for the Vipers but lost the match to Western Storm. In 2019, she played the Kia Super League for Southern Vipers against Loughborough Lightning. In 2020, she was part of the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy for the Vipers and in 2021, their team won the league.
- In December 2020, she was on the list of 41 women cricketers who received a full-time domestic cricket contract.
- In 2020, she was signed by Southern Brave for The Hundred Tournament but it got cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. She continued to be part of the Southern Brave for the 2021 season. In April 2022, her contract with Southern Brave for the 2022 season of The Hundred.
- In 2019, she received an academy contract for the 2019-2020 season and became part of the England women’s Academy which played against Australia A.
- In 2020, she was chosen among 24 other cricketers by the England team for training during the COVID-19 pandemic but was not given the cap.
- In December 2021, she became part of England’s A squad for the Australia tour and played alongside the team Women’s Ashes. In January 2022, she was selected for the England squad for the one-off Test match. In February 2022, she was a reserved player in England’s team for the 2022 Women’s Cricket World Cup in New Zealand.
- Bell made her test debut for the England women’s cricket team in June 2022. She was part of England’s Women’s Test squad for the one-off match against South Africa.
- On 2 July 2022, she was added to England’s Women’s One Day International (WODI) squad for their matches against South Africa. On 15 July 2022, she made her WODI debut against South Africa.
- In November 2022, she received her first England central contract.
- In 2022, in the ODI series, where India beat England, a controversial incident happened where Deepti Sharma ran out an England player in ‘Mankad’ Charlie Dean style. This incident led to a debate, but in an interview, Bell said that this incident was not discussed again within the team. In another interview, she said,
England as a team have put that behind us and hopefully India have as well. It’s a fresh World Cup and a fresh game so that’s the focus. We don’t think about it and don’t talk about it as a team. There’s been no discussion about backing up in your crease. That’s just something that happened in the summer and it’s been left there for sure.”
- In September 2022, in the T20I match between the England Women and Indian Women, she bowled the fastest delivery with a 172kph delivery to Smriti Mandhana.
- In August 2022, she received a cap from the charitable organization Chance to Shine to keep on inspiring young players.
- In 2023, she was bought by UP Warriorz for the Women’s Premier League auction held in to be held February 2023. The league will take place in March 2023.
- She is known by the name The Shard because of her height.
- She often posts pictures of herself drinking alcohol on social media.