Wife: Bakul Raje Pateria
Hometown: Hatta, Madhya Pradesh
Age: 62 Years
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• Elected as MLA from Hatta Assembly constituency during by-elections around 1991-92
• Lost 1993 Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections from Hatta Assembly constituency
• Elected as MLA from Hatta Assembly constituency in 1998
• Served as State Minister for technical education, medical education, and information technology from 1998 to 2003
• Contested and lost the 2009 general elections from the Khajuraho Lok Sabha seat
• Contested and lost the 2014 general elections from the Khajuraho Lok Sabha seat
• Became the Vice President of the Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
|Date of Birth||Year, 1960|
|Age (as of 2022)||62 Years|
|Hometown||Hatta, Madhya Pradesh|
|College/University||Mahakoshal Science College, University of Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||Dropped out of B.Sc in second year MyNeta|
|Controversies||• Derogatory Remarks on Women: During an interview, Pateriya was questioned if more Congress MLAs could defect to the BJP, to which he allegedly replied,
"In this age, one cannot trust his wife, these are still MLAs.”
The remark attracted controversy following which Pateriya was heavily slammed by many. The Indian Express
• Kill PM Modi Remark: On 13 December 2022, Raja Pateriya was booked for over a remark on Prime Minister Narendra Modi. A video had gone viral on the internet in which Raja Pateriya was seen provoking Congress workers to ‘murder’ Prime Minister Narendra Modi in order to ‘save the Constitution’. The video was shot in Pawai tehsil of Panna district. In the video, he said,
"Modi will divide people on the basis of religion and jaati (caste). The future of Dalits, Adivasis, and other minorities are under threat. If you want to save the Constitution, be ready to murder Modi in the sense of defeating him.”
Soon after, an FIR was registered against Pateriya, and consequently, he was arrested from his residence in Hatta. Later, Pateriya tried to give clarifications saying,
"My statement was misunderstood. I did not mean to literally kill the Prime Minister but to defeat him in elections. It was about defeating the government that is the supporter of (Nathuram) Godse’s ideology instead of Mahatma Gandhi’s.”
His remarks were condemned by many and INC issued him a show-cause notice. Hindu Post
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Bakul Raje Pateria
|Children||Son- Raja Anand Mohan Pateria
Mother- Name Not Known
• Cash: Rs. 10,00,000
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 16,95,477
• Other assets, such as values of claims/interests: Rs. 95,000
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 43,83,900
• Non-Agricultural Land: Rs. 37,80,000
• Commercial Buildings: Rs. 60,00,000
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 9,00,000
Note: The given estimates of moveable and immovable assets are as per the financial year 2013-2014. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependents. MyNeta
|Net Worth (as of 2014)||Rs. 1,78,51,307
Note: It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependents. MyNeta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raja Pateriya
- Raja Pateriya is an Indian politician and a member of the Indian National Congress (INC). He made headlines in December 2022 when he was arrested over a viral video in which he was urging Congress workers to “kill” Prime Minister Narendra Modi to “save” the Constitution.
- During his college days in Jabalpur, Pateriya plunged into politics as a student leader.
- While serving in the Digvijaya Singh-led Congress government (1998-2003), he also was given the charge of the Panna district.
- When Hatta became a seat reserved for the Scheduled Castes (SCs), Pateria expanded his reach in the Panna district and secured a ticket to contest the General Elections, 2009 from Khajuraho.
- Following his defeat in the 2009 general elections, Pateria founded the Adivasi – Vanvasi Dalit Mahasangh, an organisation that works towards the welfare of Adivasis and SCs.
- Raja Pateriya is known for following the Samajwadi ideology. Amid the Kill PM Modi Remark controversy, Pateriya revealed that he idolized Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, BR Ambedkar, and Ram Manohar Lohia.