Malavika Mohanan Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Payyanur, Kannur District, Kerala
Age: 27 Years
Boyfriend: Vicky Kaushal (Rumoured)
|Famous Role||‘Saral’ in the Malayalam film “Nirnayakam” (2015)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Debut||Film (Malayalam): Pattam Pole (2013)
Film (Tamil): Petta (2019)
Film (Kannada): Naanu Mattu Varalakshmi (2016)
Film (Bollywood): Beyond The Clouds (2017)
|Award||Special Jury Award at the Jaycey Awards for her performance in the Malayalam film “Nirnayakam” (2015)|
|Date of Birth||4 August 1992 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Payyanur, Kannur District, Kerala|
|Hometown||Payyanur, Kannur District, Kerala|
|College/University||Wilson College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Mass Media|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Listening to Music|
|Controversy||In May 2019, Malavika was trolled for posting a bold picture of her on her Instagram handle. However, the actress shut her trollers with a beffiting reply. She wrote, "So many comments and opinions about how a respectable girl should dress. On that note, here, take one more picture of me sitting very respectably wearing whatever the hell I want to wear.”
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Vicky Kaushal (Rumoured)
|Parents||Father- K. U. Mohanan (Cinematographer)
Mother- Beena Mohanan
|Siblings||Brother- Aditya Mohanan
|Film||Pattanapravesham (Malayalam, 1988)|
|Film Director||Wong Kar-wai|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Malavika Mohanan
- Malavika is the daughter of famous cinematographer K.U. Mohanan, who has worked on popular Bollywood films like “Don” (2006), “Talaash” (2012), “Fukrey” (2013), “Raees” (2017).
- She was born in Payyanur, Kannur District, Kerala and grew up in Mumbai.
- Once while Malavika was preparing herself for further studies, she accompanied her father to the shoot of a fairness cream, which starred the Malayalam actor, Mammootty. During the shots, Malavika got to talk to Mammootty and the latter enquired about Mohanan’s interest in acting. He offered Malavika a role opposite his son, Dulquer Salmaan, in his film “Pattam Pole.”
- Malavika received huge popularity after appearing in the film “Nirnayakam.”
- She has also featured in the Kannada film “Naanu Mattu Varalakshmi,” Hindi film “Beyond The Clouds,” and Tamil film “Petta.”
- Besides films, she has also featured in a few advertisements incuding “Hero Honda” and “Mathrubhumi Yathra.”
- In 2017, Malavika got selected to play the role of Ishan Khatter’s sister in the Bollywood film “Beyond The Clouds.” Earlier, Deepika Padukone and Kangana Ranaut were being considered for the role.
- Mohanan wanted to become a film director or cinematographer.
- She designed her own clothes for the film “Pattam Pole” because the costume designer of the film fell ill after a week of the beginning of the shoot.
- During that period, Malavika developed an interest in fashion. She, later, founded a fusion clothing brand “The Scarlet Window.”
- Malavika has walked the ramp for various fashion designers.
- In 2019, she featured on the cover of the SMARTlife Magazine.
- Mohanan is fond of rings and loves to collect them.
- During her college days, Malavika was a part of the eve-teasing campaign “Chappal Maarungi.”