|Real Name||Manohar Aich
|Nickname||Pocket Hercules and Bahubali|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 150 cm
in meters- 1.50 m
in Feet Inches- 4’ 11”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 63 kg
in Pounds- 139 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 36 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Professional Debut||In 1942 with Royal Air Force.|
|Records (main ones)||• 1st Indian to win the Mr. Universe title in 1952.
• 1st Indian to win 3 gold medals in Asian Games.
|Career Turning Point||When he participated in Mr. Universe competition in 1951.|
|Date of Birth||17 March 1912|
|Date of Death||5 June 2016 (aged 104) Baguihati, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Age (as in 2016)||104 Years|
|Birth Place||Dhamti, Comilla district, Bangladesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Baguihati, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Jubilee School, Dhaka|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sisters- Not Known
|Favourite Food||Fish and lentils|
|Girls, Family & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manohar Aich
- Does Manohar Aich smoke?: No
- Does Manohar Aich drink alcohol?: No
- Manohar Aich started his bodybuilding career when there were very few gyms and fitness centers around.
- When he was in Royal Air Force (RAF), he once slapped a British officer in protest, after which he was jailed in Alipore Presidency Jail till India’s freedom, where he started weight training exercises and used to do it for hours.
- He was the runner-up in the 1951 Mr.Universe competition, but next year in 1952, he became the first Indian to win the Mr Universe competition.
- He won 3 golds in the Asian Games: 1951 (New Delhi), 1954 (Manila), and 1958 (Tokyo).
- He used to follow a simple diet that included milk, fruits, vegetables, lentils and fish.
- He joined politics in 1997 and contested for BJP, but wasn’t able to win the seat.
- He lost his wife when he was 95 years old, after which he found it really difficult to carry on.
- Also, in 2015, he was given the Banga Bibhushan Award by the West Bengal Government.