• Chartered Accountant
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) (2012-present)
|Political Journey||• Soon after joining the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in 2012, he became the party’s treasurer and was briefly an adviser to Delhi's Finance Minister, Manish Sisodia in 2016.
• In 2018, he was made in charge of South Delhi for the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
• In 2019, he contested the Lok Sabha Elections from the South Delhi parliamentary constituency but lost to the BJP's candidate Ramesh Bidhuri.
• In February 2020, he contested the Delhi Assembly Elections from the Rajinder Nagar constituency and won against the BJP's RP Singh.
|Date of Birth||11 November 1988 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||31 Years|
|School||Raghubir Singh Junior Modern School, Humayun Road, New Delhi Raghav Chadha Official Website|
|College/University||• Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi (did one year of graduation) The Times of India
• University of Delhi
• London School of Economics
• Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Delhi in 2009 myneta
• Chartered Account from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Delhi in 2011 myneta
|Address||473, Block Double Storey, New Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi 11060|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Playing Cricket and Badminton, Travelling, Reading|
|Controversies||In April 2018, Raghav Chadha's appointment as an advisor to the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia was retrospectively terminated by the then Union Minister of Home Affairs, Rajnath Singh. Raghav was among the nine advisers whose appointments were cancelled. In a letter to the Ministry, Mr. Chadha said that he was appointed to the post from January 15 to March 31 in 2016 to assist Sisodia in the preparation of the 2016-17 Budget. He also said that he had returned Rs. 2.50 that he took as the salary during his 75-day stint as the advisor to Manish Sisodia. He further said, "I accept my retrospective sacking from the post I held for 75 days two years ago." Business Standard
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Sunil Chadha
Mother- Name Not Known
|Sport||Cricket The Times of India|
|Car Collection||Maruti Swift Dzire; 2009 (DL2CAK6202)|
|Assets/Properties myneta||• Bank Deposits: Rs. 3.95 Lakh
• Bonds & Shares: Rs. 4.74 Lakh
• Motor Vehicle: Rs. Rs. 1.32 Lakh (Maruti Swift Dzire 2009)
• Jewellery: Rs. 3 Lakh (75 gm Gold Jewellery)
|Salary (as an MLA from Delhi)||Rs. 2.10 Lakh jagranjosh.com|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 20 Lakh (as in 2020) myneta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raghav Chadha
- Raghav Chadha is an Indian politician who is the face of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on prime time TV debates. He is also considered the youngest spokesperson of the Aam Aadmi Party.
- He is considered one of the most eligible bachelors among the Indian politicians, and women find this chartered accountant-turned-politician more “adorable” than “aam” and often send him marriage proposals. However, when asked about his relationship status, he admits,
I am single. I don’t have time to watch a movie, you think I’ll have time for a girl? There is only one girl who understands my schedule, and that’s my mother.”
- He did his schooling from Modern School in New Delhi, where he used to actively participate in extra-curricular activities.
- Raghav did one year of graduation from New Delhi’s Sri Venkateswara College, but then he shifted his focus on his Chartered Accountancy. Thereafter, he also went to the London School of Economics for a few programs.
- At the fag end of Anna Aandolan, Raghav met Arvind Kejriwal who was planning to form a political party. Arvind wanted Raghav to get involved with the drafting of the “Jan Lokpal Bill,” back in 2012. After Anna Aandolan, Raghav joined Kejriwal’s newly formed AAP and since then, he has been associated with the party in different capacities.
- Before coming into politics, Raghav had worked for several MNCs like Deloitte, Grant & Thornton as a CA. He was also setting up his own practice in London when the “India Against Corruption” (IAC) movement started.
- While talking about his personal life, he replies,
I’m a CA, but in the last few years, I’ve put my personal work on autopilot. The time I have for my work, for my personal life, is almost negligible with the kind of work we’re doing. I still have a few friends who I hang out with, on and off. They’re obviously surprised to see me doing this. I’m the only person who’s joined politics after sacrificing a career. I had an offer from a multi-national corporate advisory company, running into six-seven figures, but I refused it.”
- Raghav has also spent two years with Ram Jethmalani while working on the Arun Jaitley defamation case.
- On 4 September 2016, he attended Mother Teresa‘s canonization by Pope Francis at St. Peters Basilica, Vatican City.
- Raghav did a shoot for the Netflix documentary “Rajma Chawal” in 2018.
- Raghav is a big fan of cricket and in an interview in 2015, he said,
- Apart from Cricket, Raghav also loves to play badminton in his leisure time and has also been a state-level badminton player.
- Here’s an interesting video about Raghav Chadha’s biography:
References/Sources: [ + ]