|Real Name||Manoj Kumar Tiwary|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 63 kg
in Pounds- 139 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 39 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Test- N/A
ODI- 3 February 2008 vs Australia in Brisbane
T20- 29 October 2011 vs England in Kolkata
|Jersey Number||#9 (India)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Bengal, Delhi Daredevils, Kolkata Knight Riders, Abahani Limited, Rising Pune Supergiants|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm leg-break|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• In the 2011-12 ODI series between India and West Indies, Tiwary scored his maiden century in the only match he was given to play. He struck 104 when India was 2 down for 1 run in the first over. Tiwary had to go back to the dressing room before getting out because of the cramps that he sustained in during the tiring innings.
• While playing against Sri Lanka in 2012, he bowled 4 wickets out conceding 61 runs in the 10 overs he bowled. He then scored 21 runs off 38 balls when India had lost 3 wickets for just 60 odd runs.
|Career Turning Point||The way Tiwary used to hit the ball gained attention from the selectors, which earned him a spot in the Indian National Cricket Team.|
|Date of Birth||14 November 1985|
|Age (as in 2016)||31 Years|
|Birth Place||Howrah, West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Howrah, West Bengal, India|
|College/ University||Not Known|
|Educational Qualifications||Not known|
|Family||Father- Late Shyam Shankar Tiwary
Mother- Bina Tiwary
Brother- Rajkumar Tiwary
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||Tiwary had a heated argument with Gautam Gambhir during a 2015-16 Ranji Trophy match between Bengal and Delhi.|
|Favourite Destinations||Vatican City, London|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sourav Ganguly, Yuvraj Singh|
|Favourite Athlete||Milkha Singh|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Sushmita Roy (m.2013)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manoj Tiwary
- Does Manoj Tiwary smoke: Not Known
- Does Manoj Tiwary drink alcohol: Not Known
- For his ability to play any bowler by going down the pitch and playing aggressively, he has often been compared to Kevin Pietersen.
- He has been an injury prone player so far. The day he was to play his debut match in 2007, he injured his shoulder while practising for the match and was ruled out of the series. He then made debuted against Australia as a replacement of unfit Yuvraj Singh, but jet lagged Tiwary could not prevent injuries and hampered his national career.
- In the initial seasons of IPL, he was bought by Delhi Daredevils for $675,000.
- Kolkata Knight Riders swapped Moises Henriques for Tiwary for the IPL 2010.
- Former Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag rested himself and named Tiwary to play for the final ODI against West Indies in 2011. The latter returned the favour with an unbeaten century which eventually led to the cramps and then to the declaration of his wicket.
- In 2012 IPL auctions, Kolkata Knight Riders signed Tiwary for $475,000 and retained him for the next season as well.
- Rising Pune Supergiants, in 2017, bought him for INR 50 Lakh.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)