|Real Name||Anoop Jalota|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Producer, Actor, Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||29 July 1953|
|Age (as in 2018)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||Nainital, Uttarakhand, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Phagwara, Punjab, India|
|University||University of Lucknow, Lucknow|
|Debut||Singing: Aisi Lagi Lagan
TV: Dharam Aur Hum (2002-2005)
Film Production: Hum Deewane Pyar Ke (2001)
|Address||Mohan Nivas, 56, Keluskar Road, Shivaji Park, Mumbai – 400 028, India (Official)|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Writing, Singing|
|Awards, Achievements||• Bhajan Samrat by Shankaracharya Peeth
• Manav Ratna Award by Global Sai Foundation
• Citizen Council Award by the Gujarat Government
• Gandharva Gaan Mani Award by Kanchi Shankaracharya Math
• Sangeet Natak Academy Award by the Uttar Pradesh Government
• British Parliament's Annual Globe Award for his contribution to the global music industry in 2010
• Padma Shri Award in the field of Art-Indian Classical Music - Vocal in 2012
• Rasheshwar Award by Sur Singar Samsad, Mumbai
• As of 2018, he has earned over 100 Gold, Platinum, and Multi-Platinum Discs.
• He has his name in 'The Guinness Book of World Records' for the highest number of platinum discs in history.
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sonali Sheth aka Sunali Rathod (Singer)
• Medha Gujral Jalota
• Jasleen Matharu (Singer)
|Marriage Date||5 August 1994 (with Medha Gujral Jalota)|
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife- Sonali Sheth aka Sunali Rathod (Divorced, Singer)
Second Wife- Bina Bhatia (Divorced)
Third Wife- Medha Gujral Jalota (Died in 2014)
|Children||Son- Aryaman Jalota
|Parents||Father- Purshottam Das Jalota (Bhajan Singer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Anil Jalota (Elder), Promod Jalota (Elder), Ajay Jalota (Younger)
Sister(s)- Anjali Dhir
|Favourite Cuisine(s)||Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polynesian|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Shatrughan Sinha, Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Shabana Azmi|
|Favourite Athlete(s)||Tennis Player: Purav Raja (Indian)
Wrestler: Roman Reigns (American)
|Favourite Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar, Pankaj Udhas, Jagjit Singh|
|Favourite Music Director(s)||R. D. Burman, Madan Mohan|
|Favourite Restaurant||The Zodiac Grill - The Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Kashmir, Dharamsala, Sikkim, Shimla, Nainital|
|Car Collection||Audi A6|
|Salary (approx.)||₹7-8 Lakhs/show|
- Does Anup Jalota smoke?: No
- Does Anup Jalota drink alcohol?: Yes
- Anup Jalota started singing at the age of just 7 and got trained from his father, Purshottam Das Jalota.
- He is a trained classical singer and has also received training from ‘Bhatkhande Music Institute Deemed University, Lucknow.’
- He was a good batsman during his college days.
- Anup started his music-journey as a singer with one of legendary singer late Kishore Kumar‘s stage shows, and was often referred as “Junior Kishore.”
- After spending some struggling days in Mumbai, he got a job as a chorus singer in ‘All India Radio,’ and his salary was ₹350.
- He also used to train students in music privately.
- Anup Jalota got his breakthrough when Manoj Kumar recorded four songs with him for the film ‘Shirdi Ke Sai Baba,’ which later became a huge hit.
- He was also a presenter of the television program ‘Dharam Aur Hum’ (2002-2005) that was aired on Star Plus.
- He has performed with numerous popular musicians like Zakir Hussain, Lata Mangeshkar, Pankaj Udhas, Mehdi Hassan, Ghulam Ali, late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Jagjit Singh, Hariharan, etc.
- Apart from being a great singer, Anup has also produced two Hindi films, ‘Hum Deewane Pyar Ke’ (2001) and ‘Nishaan: The Target’ (2005).
- He has also produced music for numerous devotional, pop, ghazals, and classical vocal albums like ‘Chalo Dwaar Shivshankar Ke,’ ‘Maa Durgar Aagman,’ ‘Bhajan Archana,’ ‘Bhajan Tulsi,’ ‘Wah Bhai Wah,’ ‘Darmiyaan Apne,’ ‘Vasundhara,’ ‘Ibtida,’ etc.
- His first marriage was with a Gujarati girl “Sonali Sheth;” without the approval of his family. They became popular in the concert circuit as ‘Anup and Sonali Jalota.’
- His third wife, “Medha Gujral Jalota” was the niece of the former Prime Minister of India, Inder Kumar Gujral. She died on 25 November 2014 in New York City’s hospital because of liver failure, following a kidney and heart transplant.
- Anup is often referred to as the “Bhajan Samrat.”
- He has sung in 9 different languages.
- In 2015, Anup played the role of the famous spiritual guru “Satya Sai Baba” in the film ‘Satya Sai Baba.’
- In 2016, he, along with Pankaj Udhas and Talat Aziz, appeared as guests on the set of a famous comedy show, ‘The Kapil Sharma Show.’
- He is the director of “Prabhatam Fly Divine,” an airline in Madhya Pradesh that has been running since 2017.
- Anup Jalota is also a politician and has been a member of ‘Bharatiya Janata Party’ (BJP).
- By the year 2017, he had performed over 5000 live concerts throughout the world.
- He has also sung and recorded more than 2000 Bhajans, Geets, and Ghazals.
- Anup Jalota has published numerous blogs on his website, which relates to his life journey, events, etc.
- In 2018, he, along with his live-in partner “Jasleen Matharu,” who is 37 years younger to him, entered the controversial reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss 12‘ as a Vichitra Jodi.
- To view the videographic representation of Anup Jalota’s life, Click Here
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)