Aishwarya Sheoran (Miss India, IAS) Age, Caste, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Model and IAS Officer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Wikipedia Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|Debut||Beauty Pageant: Delhi Times Fresh Face (2014)
|Date of Birth||Year 1997|
|Age (as in 2020)||23 Years|
|School||Sanskriti School in Chaitanyapuri, New Delhi|
|College/University||Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Economics Honours Telangana Today|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading, Playing Basketball, and Dancing|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Colonel Ajay Kumar (Commanding Officer of NCC Telangana Battalion, Karimnagar)
Mother- Suman Sheoran (House Wife)
|Siblings||Brother- Aman Sheoran (Cricketer in Mumbai U-23 team)
|Role Model(s)||Kiran Bedi, Lakshmi Rana, Karlie Kloss, and PM Narendra Modi|
|Film||3 Idiots (2009)|
|Quote||"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aishwarya Sheoran
- Aishwarya Sheoran is a former Miss India finalist 2016 and an IAS Officer.
- She was born in a small village of Rajasthan, and she did her schooling and graduation from Delhi.
- She was a bright student in her school and was the head girl of her school. She passed her 12th standard (Physics, Chemistry, and Maths) with 97.5 per cent.
- In 2018, she got selected in IIM, Indore, but she quit that option to prepare for UPSC exams.
- While she was in college, she participated in various beauty pageants, including ‘Miss Clean and Clear’ in 2015, ‘Beauty with a purpose’ in the beauty pageant, ‘Campus Princess Delhi’ in 2016.
- She was selected among the top 21 finalists in the beauty pageant, ‘Femina Miss India 2016.’ In an interview, she said,
My mother named me Aishwarya after Aishwarya Rai because she wanted me to become Miss India, and I was eventually chosen in the top 21 finalists for Miss India.”
- She has walked the ramp as a model at various popular fashion shows, like Bombay Times Fashion Week, Lakme Fashion Week, and Amazon Fashion Week.
- She has featured as a model in ‘GQ,’ a popular men’s magazine.
- In 2018, she took a break from her modelling career and focused on preparing for the Civil Services Exams.
- In 2019, she appeared in the UPSC Civil Service Exams and secured the 93rd rank in the exams (results were declared on 4 August 2020).
- In an interview, she shared how she had prepared for the exams, she said,
I prepared for the UPSC civil service exam in 10 months. I did not take up any coaching classes to clear the exam. I had to switch off my phone, social media, everything, to focus on the exam and the result is here. But it’s not that I suddenly generated interest in studies. I was always studious.” I thought I should try for civil services for diversity in the family and the ultimate idea is to serve the nation. In the army, there are opportunities for women to grow, but it is still very limited. In civil services, there is no limit to what a woman can achieve.”
- She is one of the youngest candidates to clear the UPSC exam without any coaching.
- Deputy Commissioner (New Delhi), Abhishek Singh congratulated her on Twitter, he wrote,
Happy to see people pursuing diverse interests in life choosing Civil Services as a career. #NewIndia needs #NewAgeOfficers who make the service more representative, more open & more contemporary! Welcome aboard #AishwaryaSheoran Rank 93, CSE 19; a top model & now an officer!!”
- She shared in an interview “one law she would like to break?” she said,
Even though I feel that I am a really responsible citizen but if I have to break a law, then it would those social and religious laws which restricts the freedom of women.
- In an interview, when she was asked the celebrity’s name she would like to go on a vacation? she said,
Even though there are a lot of celebrities I look up to but if I have to pick one,then it would be Mr. Amitabh Bachchan because the kind of energy and passion he has even at this age is so inspiring.
- She has been working for an NGO, ‘Mouksh Foundation.’ In an interview, she said,
I have been teaching English and mathematics to underprivileged children for the past two years. I’m one of the executive members of the NGO.
- Here’s an interesting video about Aishwarya Sheoran’s biography: