|Nickname||Meenatai The Print|
|Known For||Being the younger sister of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Black (dyed)|
|Debut||Song: 'Aapne chheen liya dil' from the movie Farmaish (1952)|
|Date of Birth||7 September 1931 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||90 Years|
|Birthplace||Indore, Indore State, Central India Agency, British India (now in Indore district, Madhya Pradesh, India)|
|Educational Qualification||She never received formal education.|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known (died in 2011)|
|Parents||Father- Deenanath Mangeshkar
Mother- Shevanti Mangeshkar
Granddaughter- Saanjli Khadikar
|Siblings||Brother- Hridaynath Mangeshkar
• Lata Mangeshkar
• Asha Bhosle
• Usha Mangeshkar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Meena Khadikar
- Meena Khadikar is an Indian playback singer and music composer who predominantly sings Marathi and Hindi language songs. Meena Khadikar is the second eldest daughter of Deenanath Mangeshkar and Shevanti Mangeshkar. She is the younger sister of legendary Indian singer Lata Mangeshkar, and the elder sister of veteran Indian singers Asha Bhosle, Usha Mangeshkar, and Hridaynath Mangeshkar.
- Meena Khadikar sang a duet ‘Aapne chheen liya dil’ with Mohammed Rafi in the movie Farmaish in 1953. In 1954, Meena Khadikar sang another duet ‘Phagun aaya’ with him in the movie Pilpili Saheb. In 1957, she sang the song ‘Duniya mein hum aaye hain toh’ along with Lata Mangeshkar in the movie Mother India.
- Meena Khadikar is known for writing the Marathi kid’s songs and the album titled ‘Asawa Sunder Chocolatecha Bungla’ in the Marathi language. This album was also recorded in Bengali and Gujarati languages soon after its release. The original songs of this album were sung by the children of Meena Khadikar.
- In 2018, a biographical sketch of Lata Mangeshkar titled ‘Mothi Tichi Savali’ was penned by Meena Khadikar.
- Meena Mangeshkar started her singing career in 1952 and stopped singing the songs in 2000.
- In 2019, Meena Khadikar penned a book titled ‘Didi aur Main’ about her elder sister Lata Mangeshkar. In a conversation with a media house, Meena Khadikar was asked one of her favourite songs of Lata Mangeshkar. She replied,
When I sleep at night, I play her songs on the phone and hear them speak to me.”
- In her leisure time, Meena Khadikar likes to make handicrafts like hats, Santa Claus, glass boxes, useful items from waste items, dolls etc. at her home.
- Lata Mangeshkar shared the Meena Khadikar’s song titled ‘Ramya Ashya Sthani’ from the Marathi movie ‘Manasala Pankh Astat’ on social media in September 2020 and poured her blessings on Meena Khadikar on her birthday.
- On 26 March 2021, she was conferred with the Radio Mirchi’s Lifetime Achievement Award. This news was announced by Lata Mangeshkar on her Twitter handle soon after the award was received by Meena Khadikar. Lata Mangeshkar wrote,
My younger sister Meena Khadikar has received Radio Mirchi’s Lifetime Achievement Award (Marathi). Meena is a very good musician, singer and writer. She is of saintly nature. I bless her that she gets more awards.”