|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|TV: Daagh as Umama (2012)
Web Series: Motorcycle Girl (2018)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|Nominated for Best Actress at Lux Style Awards for for Daagh on ARY Digital (2012)
|Date of Birth
|13 April 1994 (Wednesday)
|Age (as of 2021)
|• LGS 1A1
• Lahore Grammar School 1-A/1
|National College of Arts (NCA)
|She studied Film and TV at National College of Arts (NCA) Facebook-Mehar Bano
|Non-Vegetarian Instagram-Mehar Bano
|Relationships & More
|Father- Qaisar Ullah Khan (Chief Executive Officer at Indigo Entertainment)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
|Sister- Maham Bano
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mehar Bano
- Mehar Bano is a Pakistani television and film actress who is known for playing very challenging and extraordinary roles in the Urdu entertainment industry. Mehar is known to deliver some of her best performances in Daagh, Mor Mohal, Balaa, Mere Paas Tum Ho, and Churails.
- Mehar Bano was fond of acting and dancing since childhood. She used to participate in various cultural events to show off her acting skills. She was a trained swimmer who participated in state-level swimming tournaments.
- After completing her primary and secondary education, Mehar got herself enrolled at the National College of Arts (NCA) to pursue her higher studies in acting and drama. She became part of a popular theatre group during her school days and used to perform in various stage shows and theatre groups. The renowned director Sarmad Khoosat spotted Mehar during one of her theatre plays and offered her to become part of his drama serial. Later, Mehar agreed to Sarmad Khoosat’s proposal and made her on-screen debut as Umama with ARY Television Network’s drama serial ‘Daagh’ in 2012. Her performance in the show was loved by the audience in Pakistan and she received huge critical acclaim, after which she also received a nomination at the Lux Style Awards for Best Television Actress.
- Mehar Bano, after gaining so much fame with her debut, disappeared from the industry for almost four years. When asked about staying away from the industry for so long, Mehar explained that her father was very serious about her studies and did not want her to get distracted from it for earning some amount of money. She followed her father’s advice and moved to Canada for completing her formal studies. During this period, she did a sitcom called ‘Miss Fire,’ opposite Sami Khan, Aqdas Waseem, and Kiran Haq. While explaining the situation to the media, she said,
I entered the industry with a television show when I was simultaneously completing my A levels. The show went on to be nominated for the Oscars and my father didn’t want me to fall prey to vanity and was very particular about me getting educated before I pursue a full-fledged career in the entertainment industry. I took a break immediately and didn’t get to enjoy fame, I ideally should have. I got everyone to delete my accounts and the content about me on the internet. I went to college and returned to the industry. It wasn’t a struggle for me because I never took it to my head at all.”
- Mehar Bano made her on-screen comeback in 2016 with the Pakistani historical fiction television fantasy serial ‘Mor Mahal.’ Mehar played the character of Mehar in the Sarmad Khoosat directed serial.
- Mehar rose to face after portraying the role of Batool, a clever, liberal, and sensible girl, in ARY Digital’s thriller drama series ‘Balaa.’ She grabbed the attention of the audience in Pakistan with her character and became a household name in no time. Thereafter, she became part of several commercially successful drama serials which includes ‘Mere Paas Tum Ho,’ ‘Ghalati,’ and ‘Khuda Aur Muhabbat 3.’
- Mehar Bano made her film debut in 2018 with Adnan Sarwar Jami directed and produced biographical adventure drama films based on the life of motorcyclist Zenith Irfan, ‘Motorcycle Girl,’ opposite Sohai Ali Abro, Samina Peerzada, Ali Kazmi, Sarmad Khoosat, and Shamim Hilaly.
- In 2020, Mehar Bano became part of one of the most controversial web series ever made in Pakistan, called ‘Churails.’ The web series featured Sarwat Gilani, Mehar Bano, Nimra Bucha, and Yasra Rizvi in the lead roles, playing the characters of strong and empowered women. ‘Churails’ attracted huge controversy after the treasure of the series was released. The audience in Pakistan started bulling the cast of the series up to the level where the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority had to ban the broadcasting of the web series in Pakistan. Following the ban, producers decided to partner with ZEE5, an Indian streaming platform, to release the web series worldwide. ‘Churails’ started streaming on 11th August 2020 and became a huge hit in India as well as in Pakistan.
- Apart from acting, Mehar Bano is also known for her dancing skills. Her dance videos, which she often shares on her social media accounts, receive a huge number of views. Mehar Bano has also established a dancing and theatre institute, named ‘Sway Dance Project’ in Karachi Pakistan. The institution focuses on training young people regarding acting and dancing skills.
- During an interview with a media house, Mehar Bano revealed that she was harassed by a mic man on her the sets of a drama serial and it was her senior actress Saba Qamar who rescued her from the situation. She narrated the incident as
Saba Qamar came to my rescue. I was harassed by a mic wala on set. You can get harassed at any time by anyone when especially when you don’t know what’s going on and you’re just a child. As I was young at the time, I was really confused.”
She further added,
I told her and she went on set and had him kicked out. It made me realise I should be aware now of what happens to me or other girls, so I can also stand up for them.”
- Mehar Bano faced a huge backlash, in 2021, after a video of her supporting homosexuality went viral on the internet. In one of her videos, she was also seen talking in the favour of gay. People in Pakistan claimed it to be against the local values and traditions and against the religion of Islam. Mehar Bano landed into huge controversies, resulting in which her Instagram account was also banned. Later, she made a new account on Instagram and posted a story that read
Hello Meher Bano here, my old account deleted due to lots of reports, this is my new account but I will recover that account soon.”