|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|in kilograms- 132 kg
in pounds- 60 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|Film: Jawani Phir Nahi Ani in a supporting role (2015)
TV: Daagh as Rehana (2012)
Web Serier: Churails as Jugnu (2020)
|Date of Birth
|15 November 1982 (Monday)
|Age (as of 2021)
|Local School Islamabad
|Western Michigan University, London
|BBA Human Resource Management
|Islam YouTube-Something Haute
|Relationships & More
|Abdul Hadi (Drama producer)
|Son- Name Not Known
|Names Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yasra Rizvi
- Yasra Rizvi is a Pakistani actress and scriptwriter who is best known for portraying very challenging and extraordinary roles in the Urdu television industry. She has worked in many popular television shows like ‘Mann Ke Moti,’ ‘Woh Dobara,’ ‘Thora Sa Aasman,’ and ‘Ustani Jee.’ Yasra Rizvi has also featured in the most popular Web series of 2020 released in Pakistan named ‘Churails.’
- Yasra was born and brought up in Islamabad, Pakistan. After completing her schooling in Islamabad, she moved to the United Kingdom to pursue her higher education. After completing her bachelor’s degree in business administration from Western Michigan University, London, Yasra went back to Pakistan and started her career as a stage performer and a theatre artist.
- Yasra Rizvi made her onscreen acting debut in 2012 with A& B Entertainment’s drama serial ‘Daagh,’ opposite Fahad Mustafa and Mehar Bano. She portrayed a character named Rehana who was the mother of the main lead. Next, she appeared on ARY Digital’s drama show ‘Kaash Aisa Ho.’
- For the initial phase of her career, Yasra was majorly chosen to perform the roles of elderly ladies because of her excess weight. Though her acting skills were on point her looks became a huge hurdle in her way of getting some good roles.
- The drama serial which proved to be a breakthrough for Yasra Rizvi’s career was A& B Entertainment’s drama television series ‘Mann Ke Moti’ opposite Faysal Qureshi, Asma Abbas, and Waseem Abbas. The show was premiered on Geo TV in 2013, in which Yasra played the character of Fariha and received huge critical acclaim for it.
- Next in 2014, Yasra played the role of Khatija in Syed Asim Ali’s entertainment drama serial ‘Malika-e-Aliya’ opposite Maria Wasti, Anoushay Abbasi, Sohail Asghar, and Shahzad Raza. Thereafter she became part of several popular dramas shows including ‘Woh Dobara,’ ‘Choti,’ ‘Bhabhi Sambhal Chabi,’ ‘Sawaab,’ and ‘Baji Irshad.’
- Yasra Rizvi made her film debut in 2015 with Nadeem Baig’s Pakistani adventure comedy film ‘Jawani Phir Nahi Ani’ starring Humayun Saeed, Hamza Ali Abbasi, Ahmad Ali Butt, Vasay Chaudhry, and many more. She was featured in the film in the supporting role of the movie lead character Sherry’s mother. In the same year, Yasra featured as Balwant Kaur in her second film ‘Manto,’ a biographical drama film directed by Sarmad Khoosat.
- In 2016, Yasra Rizvi tied the knot with Abdul Hadi. Abdul is the younger of popular Pakistani television actress Jinaan Hussain and he is almost 10 years younger than Yasra. After declaring her marriage publically, Yasra received huge criticism for getting married to a man younger than her. After almost a month of their marriage, the couple appeared as a guest on Faysal Qureshi’s morning talk show ‘Muskurati Mornings with Faisal Qureshi’. During a question-answer round with Yasra, Faysal asked her about the trolling and hate she received after her marriage to which she replied,
There is a social taboo which I wanted to break, and that taboo was of the age difference between husband and wife. As a society, we have been so divided due to gender, age and social class. And as directors and actors, our effort is usually to think beforehand the impact we will have on the audience.”
- Yasra Rizvi appeared for the first time in a Mushaira in 2019 at Mushaira & Kavi Sammelan held in Dubai. She presented herself as a poet (Shayar) at the event and read some of her work for the audience. Her style of poetry was very much appreciated by the audience for which she also received a memento for participation.
- Yasra Rizvi, in 2019, became part of one of the most controversial films to be made in Pakistan, ‘Senti Aur Mental.’ The film was directed and written by Yasra Rizvi, under Harkat Pictures productions featuring Zain Afzal, Yasra Rizvi and Yousaf Bashir Qureshi in the lead cast. The film is not yet released due to the leftover shooting which is delayed due to the COVID 19 outbreak. The film was announced through a video on Lollywood Films Official’s YouTube handle.
- In 2020, Yasra Rizvi featured in the Pakistani drama web series ‘Churails’ along with Sarwat Gilani, Mehar Bano, and Nimra Bucha in lead roles. Yasra played the character of Jugnu Chaudhry, a wedding planner, an alcohol dependent, and a chain smoker. ‘Churails’ was banned in Pakistan by the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority for showcasing women in an inappropriate manner according to them. Following the ban, producers decided to partner with ZEE5, an Indian streaming platform, to release the web series worldwide. ‘Churails’ started streaming on 11th August 2020 and became a huge high in Pakistan as well as in India. After the release of the web series ‘Churails,’ Yasra Rizvi received mixed reviews from the audience. Some of the audience supported her for doing a challenging role but she received huge hate from the audience of Pakistan.
- During an interview with a media house, Yasra Rizvi accepted the fact that she has faced molestation, harassment, and has been in situations of getting raped. The News International She said,
I’m a woman of this age, living in Pakistan. Molestation, harassment, attempted rape – I’ve gone through all of these things. It’s not that I’m such a privileged ignorant woman that I don’t know what I’m doing. A huge part of my work isn’t to give answers but to also raise questions, and that’s how I prefer to work. Tomorrow if I do another show in which I’m Phoolan Devi, will I become a ‘feminist’ again? I don’t need to prove my feminism to anyone.”
- Yasra Rizvi is known for her outspoken personality and speaking her heart out. She never takes a back seat in talking about any social issue she feels need to be raised in order to create awareness. On 28 August 2021, Yasra took to Instagram to lash out at Lux Style awards for prioritising ratings over strong content.
- Yasra Rizvi is a popular social media star in Pakistan. She often posts her poetry on her Instagram account.