Some Lesser Known Facts About Karun Nair
- Does Karun Nair smoke: Not Known
- Does Karun Nair drink alochol: Not Known
- Karun Nair made his senior domestic debut in a List-A match during the 2012 Vijay Hazare Trophy. After spending the next season playing only limited-overs cricket, he eventually broke into the Karnataka Ranji Trophy side.
- In his debut Ranji season, Nair scored a mammoth 494 runs from six matches at an average of 61.75 with three consecutive centuries. Thus helping his team, Karnataka, in ending a 15-year ‘eternal’ wait for the trophy.
- At IPL, Nair was first picked up by the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in 2013, where he played only 2 games. He was then picked up by the Rajasthan Royals (RR) in the following season for a whopping sum of INR 75 Lakhs. Nair justified his price by scoring 330 runs from 11 matches at a strike-rate of 142.24 which included three fifties.
- The 2014-15 Ranji Trophy season was a stern test of his consistency. Despite managing only a century and a fifty each, he scored over 700 runs at an average of 47.26 and helped Karnataka retain the title.
- Nair bagged an unfathomable deal at the 2016 edition of IPL. He was ‘bought’ by the Delhi Daredevils (DD) for a huge sum of INR 4 Crores, a bid 40 times his base price. Nayar again stood up to his price and became the second highest run-getter for the DD, just behind Quinton De Kock.
- In July 2016, Karun Nair had a close shave with death while he was on a boat in Pampa river during the famous ‘Aranmula Vallasadya’ (boat feast) in Kerala. The boat carrying Nair and 100 other passengers capsized when it was about to reach the Aranmulala temple. Fortunately, rescue boats reached the spot on time and saved all passengers from drowning.