|Full name||Mohamed Ali Rajabali Budhwani Bloomberg|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Award||2019: Won Entrepreneur Award 2019 for promoting MMA in India
|Date of Birth||12 September 1980 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||42 Years|
|School||St. Joseph Convent School|
|College/University||University of Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Management (1995-1998) Linkedin - Mohamedali Budhwani`|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has three children; two sons and one daughter.
|Parents||Names Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohamedali Budhwani
- Mohamedali Budhwani is an Indian businessman, who is the chairman and managing director of Toyam Industries Limited, which is a sports management company. In 2023, he appeared on Sony TV’s comedy show ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ along with Suniel Shetty and wrestler The Great Khali, to promote their mini-series ‘Kumite 1 Warrior Hunt.’
- He is an avid sports enthusiast, especially, combat sports. In an interview, he shared that mixed martial arts were his first love. Reportedly, when Mohamedali Budhwani was pursuing his graduation, he watched Mike Tyson fighting Evander Holyfield and developed an interest in combat sports.
- On 4 April 2008, he was appointed as the director of Water Financial Services Private Limited.
- On 10 November 2009, he founded the company Ojas Asset Reconstruction Company Limited, which was a securitization and asset reconstruction company. In 2016, the company was renamed as Toyam Industries Limited and the operations of the business were changed to general business and trading activities. Mohamedali Budhwani
- In April 2013, he became the founding director of OneWay Films Private Limited in Mumbai.
- In January 2017, he founded Kumite 1 League, a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) promotion launched under Toyam Industries Limited. His main goal to create Kumite 1 League was to popularize Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) in India.
- On 28 April 2017, Toyam Industries Limited decided to expand its business to sports, fitness, fashion, films, entertainment, and other fields.
- Reportedly, Toyam Industries Limited is the only company in the category of sports marketing and management which is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange. It is also listed on the Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India Limited (MSEI).
- On 11 January 2018, he became the founding director of MSH Industries Private Limited in Mumbai.
- On 7 October 2020, he was appointed as the director of Rab Charitable Foundation.
- On 18 August 2022, he was appointed as the director of the Roboticscombat India Federation.
- In November 2022, he became the chairman and managing director of Toyam Sports Limited. It is an investment company, which focuses on sports marketing and management activities, as well as ventures into hospitality, healthcare, KIL arena, gaming, merchandising, and KIL cafes across India.
- In 2022, Toyam Sports Limited announced that it would be one of the official sponsors for the upcoming World Tennis League to be held in Dubai.
- TLC owns cricket league rights in more than 11 countries including Kenya, Mauritius, and Greece.
- In 2022, Toyam Industries Limited collaborated with Pacific Star Sports and organised the first edition of the Tanzania Cricket Premier League (TCPL).
- In 2022, Toyam Industries Ltd. (TIL) started a joint venture with Rajwada Cricket League (RCL) and acquired a 51% stake in the League. RCL is a cricket league in association with Kota Cricket Association. In an interview, while talking about entering a joint venture with RCL, he revealed that signing this agreement is his entry into the field of cricket and sports. This joint venture shows his intention to become a complete sports management company and give opportunities to deserving talented players. He also made the announcement of organising the 7th Edition annual tournament during FY23 under the joint venture. He said,
RCL is a professional league for T20 Cricket competition in India and has been hosting league matches, since 2016, under Kota Cricket Association. Upto 15000 spectators had assembled to see these league matches, with yearly league tournaments being conducted till 2019. With CoVID norms being enforced throughout the country till sometime back, the league (like several other activities) had to take a hiatus. With the norms now being relaxed, JV plans to organise the 7th Edition annual tournament during FY23. We also intend to capitalize on the JV partner’s mutual strengths to cement the league’s foothold and increase visibility.” Deccan Chronicle
- In 2023, Toyam Sports Limited (TSL) was one of the official associate sponsors for the 9th season of Bangladesh Premier League.
- Reportedly, TSL owns stakes in Bhakti World Radio to address the mental well-being of athletes. ANI
- Toyam Sports Limited (TSL) is associated with Africa Cup T20, Tanzania Cricket Premier League, Cricket Kenya, Oman Cricket Academy, Lanka Premier League, India-Bangladesh ODI series, and more.
- On 12 February 2023, India’s first-ever MMA Championship mini-series ‘Kumite 1 Warrior Hunt’ was released on MX Player. Suniel Shetty was the promoter and host of the series. Mohamedali Budhwani and Suniel Shetty were the judges of the show. In the series, 16 MMA fighters from all around India competed with each other to win the prize.
- In an interview, while talking about Kumite 1 Warrior Hunt, he revealed that he wanted to create an environment for athletes who were interested in MMA and wanted opportunities to showcase their skills. He wanted to create top-notch MMA fighters to popularize MMA and India. He said,
We are creating a sustainable environment and infrastructure so that Indian MMA athletes can have ample opportunities to create their own identity. India needs to produce world-class fighters for the sport to take root and grow exponentially and ‘Warrior Hunt’ is our ambitious project in unearthing the raw, hidden talent and nurturing them into world-class athletes.”