Husband: Bajrang Punia
Age: 22 Years
Hometown: Balali, Haryana
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Date of Birth||5 March 1998 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||22 Years|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Gymming, Doing Yoga|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||25 November 2020 (Wednesday)|
|Marriage Place||Balali Village, Haryana|
|Husband||Bajrang Punia (wrestler)
|Parents||Father- Mahavir Singh Phogat
Mother- Daya Shobha Kaur
|Siblings||Brother- Dushyant Phogat
Sister- Geeta Phogat, Babita Phogat, and Ritu Phogat
|Actors||Aamir Khan, Salman Khan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sangeeta Phogat
- Does Sangeeta Phogat smoke?: No
- Does Sangeeta Phogat drink alcohol?: No
- Sangeeta was born into a family of wrestlers- The Phogats.
- She developed an interest in wrestling at a very young age.
- Sangeeta, along with her sisters Geeta, Babita, and Ritu, was mentored and trained under the guidance of her father, Mahavir Singh Phogat.
- She competes in the 59 kg freestyle category.
- She began her wrestling career with the Pro Wrestling League in which she represented the Delhi Sultans.
- In the Pro Wrestling League, Sangeeta fought against Vanesa Kaladzinskaya of UP Dangal, who was a world champion. She defeated Vanesa by 7-4 in the competition.
- Thereafter, she participated in the Asian Games but couldn’t win any medal there.
- She is a silver medalist at the National Wrestling Championships.
- Sangeeta shared a great bond with her grandmother, Aana Devi.
- In 2018, Sangeeta, along with her sister, was expelled from the Lucknow’s National Camp due to their unexplained absence from the camp.
- She is very particular about her fitness and visits the gym regularly.
- She is alleged to tie a knot with her long-time boyfriend, Bajrang Punia, soon after the completion of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.