Hometown: New Delhi
Husband: Tehseen Poonawalla
Father: Ved Vadera
|Profession(s)||Socialite, Jewelry Designer /Curator|
|Famous For||Being the cousin sister of Robert Vadra and wife of Tehseen Poonawalla|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||2 May|
|College/University||• National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi
• University of Auckland, New Zealand
|Educational Qualification||Illustration from London School Of Art|
|Religion||Hinduism Times of India|
|Political Inclination||Indian National Congress|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Doing Yoga & Exercise|
|Controversy||In 2017, her brother-in-law Shehzad Poonawalla passed some negative comments against Congress party leaders. Monicka and Tehseen broke all the ties with Shehzad and she twitted,
My family & I neither have any relation, association nor wish to comment on the issue or the said individual Shehzad Poonawalla. Please refrain from tweeting/contacting me for the same.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Tehseen Poonawalla (Political Analyst)|
|Marriage Date||29 March 2016|
|Parents||Father- Ved Vadera (Ex IAF, Businessman, Airbus Instructer)
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Monicka Vadera Poonawalla
- Does Monicka Vadera Poonawalla drink alcohol?: Yes (she drinks occasionally)
- Monicka Vadera Poonawalla is a Jewelry Curator. She is the paternal cousin of Robert Vadra; husband of Priyanka Gandhi.
- She did her graphic design, marketing, and illustration course from the University of Auckland.
- Reportedly, she worked as a Director in D & A shoes before starting her own business.
- In 2016, she got married to the political analyst Tehseen Poonawalla. Reportedly, Priyanka Gandhi and Robert Vadra had convinced Monicka’s father for this marriage. It was a big fat Indian wedding, held at Meridien hotel in Delhi and was attended by many prominent politicians including Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi. Reportedly, Gandhi’s and Vadera’s had come together for a wedding after 15 years.
- On 6 October 2017, she launched her jewellery retail venture, ‘House of MVJ’ in Koregaon Park, Maharashtra. The event was attended by many celebrity guests.
- She is a dog lover and owns a dog- Miyaki Poonawalla.
- She is a social welfare activist and often posts messages in support of animal rights, and she has especially worked against the sacrifice of goats for religious purposes.
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1.||↑||Times of India|