Age: 61 Years
Wife: Seema Naqvi
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Janata Party (1980-1986)
Bharatiya Janata Party (1986-Present)
|Political Journey||• Allahabad District Vice President and the General Secretary of Yuva Janta (Janata Party's Youth Unit) from 1978 to 1979
• Elected member for the State Executive body of the Yuva Janta, Uttar Pradesh
• Fought and won from the Allahabad West Legislative Constituency, Uttar Pradesh in 1980
• Appointed as the General Secretary of Uttar Pradesh of the Yuva Janata
• Joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1986
• Got elected to the Lok Sabha from the Rampur seat of Uttar Pradesh
• National Vice President of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) from 1992 to 1997
• Elected member for the 12th Lok Sabha in 1998
• Appointed as the Minister of State (MoS) for the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting with an additional charge of the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs in 1998 by The Atal Bihari Vajpayee Government
• National Secretary of the BJP in the year 2000
• Elected Vice-Chairman, Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), from 2001 to 2003
• Got elected for the Rajya Sabha in 2002 and also became a member in the Committee of Finance
• Appointed as the Chairman of the Air Charter Operations of Haj and also the Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) on the functioning of the Wakf Boards Member in 2004
•2004-2008: Member of several committees such as the Haj Committee, the Court of Aligarh Muslim University, the Committee on Defence, the Consultive Committee for the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, the Committee on External Affairs
• Elected to the Rajya Sabha in July 2010
• 2010-2014: Member of various committees namely the Committee on Defence, the Select Committee to the Wakf (Amendment) Bill, the Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Member of the Hindi Salhakar Samiti, Ministry of Civil Aviation, the Committee on Public Undertakings, Vice-President of the India-Iran Parliamentary Friendship group, the Joint Committee on Salaries and Allowances of the Members of Parliament, the Select Committee on the Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill
• 9 November 2014 onwards, he was appointed as the Union Minister for the Ministry of Minority Affairs and also as the Union Minister for the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
|Date of Birth||15 October 1957|
|Age (as in 2018)||61 Years|
|Birthplace||Bhadari, District Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Allahbad, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||• FRI College, Bareilly
• Anglo-Verna College, Allahabad
• Yadgar College, Allahabad
• Asian Institute of Higher Studies, Noida
|Educational Qualification||• B.A. (Hons.)
• Post Graduate (Mass Communication)
• Post Graduate Diploma in Media and Communication
|Address||Bungalow No. 3, Jajej Road, Civil Lines, Rampur, Uttar Pradesh|
• Doing Social Work
|Controversy||He openly opposed and expressed strong discomfort with the induction of Sabir Ali into the BJP; he appealed to the BJP leadership to correct its mistakes and review their decision. Naqvi claimed that Sabir Ali had connections with the Indian Mujahideen terrorist Yasin Bhatkal and also tweeted that a friend of Bhatkal has joined the BJP, but he deleted the tweet later|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||8 June 1983|
|Children||Son- Arshad Naqvi
|Parents||Father: Late A.H. Naqvi
Mother: Late Sakina Begum
|Siblings||Brother: Athar Abbas Naqvi
Sister: Farhat Naqvi
(as in 2014)
|Movable Assets: Worth ₹12.92 lacs
Bank Deposits, Shares: ₹1.3 lacs
Jewellery: ₹1 lac
Immovable Assets: Worth ₹1.1 crores
Agricultural land: ₹20 lacs
Buildings and houses: ₹85 lacs
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||₹1 lac per month + other allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹9.2 crores (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi is one of the most senior and prominent leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He is the Muslim face of the party along with leaders like Shahnawaz Hussain and Najma Heptulla. He is currently serving as the Minister of Minority Affairs in the Narendra Modi Government.
- He was interested in politics from an early age. He joined the Janata Party while he was in college and took part in many political campaigns during the Emergency period; as a consequence, he was jailed in the Naini Central Jail at the age of 17.
- He swiftly climbed the political ladder after joining the Janata Party and became the Allahabad District Vice President and the General Secretary of Yuva Janta (Youth wing of the Janata Party) during 1978-1979.
- After joining the BJP in 1986, he got appointed as the National Vice-President of the Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha (Youth Wing of BJP) in 1992, and the National General Secretary of the BJP and Spokesperson of many states from 2000 to 2002.
- He got married to Seema Naqvi in 1983 after going through a lot of hurdles; as Seema belongs to a Hindu household, Naqvi had to convince both their families for the marriage.
- When he got elected to the Lok Sabha from the Rampur seat, he became the first Muslim ever to win from that constituency, this helped him in being recognized as the Leading Muslim face for the party. In the same year, he got the post of the Minister of State (MoS) in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- He visited the U.A.E. as the Head of the Joint Parliamentary Delegation in 1999.
- He was in charge of the Central Election Management and Co-ordination Committee of the BJP from 2002-2006 and from 2006 onwards, he assumed the role of the National Vice-President of the BJP.
- He has also played crucial roles as a member of many committees including the Haj Operations Committee and the Defence Committee.
- His sister, Farhat Naqvi, is a social activist who runs an apolitical voluntary organization named Mera Haq; working for the welfare of the victims of Triple Talaq and Domestic Abuse. She herself has been a victim of this when her husband left her in 2006 for giving birth to a girl child.
- In November 2014, he was inducted into the Narendra Modi’s Government as the Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Minority Affairs.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
References/Sources: [ + ]