Age: 64 Years
Hometown: Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
Wife: Rukmini Devi
|Famous For||Being the 6th Chief Minister of Jharkhand|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Political Party||• Janata Party (1977-1980)
• Bharatiya Janata Party (1980-Present)
|Political Journey||• Joined the Janata Party in 1977.
• Joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as a founding member in 1980.
• Appointed as the Chief of the Sitaramdera unit of Jamshedpur.
• Appointed as the Chief Secretary of the Jamshedpur BJP.
• Appointed as the Vice-President of the Jamshedpur BJP.
• Appointed as the BJP National Secretary.
• In 1995, he was elected as an MLA from the Jamshedpur East seat of Bihar.
• He was re-elected as an MLA from the Jamshedpur East seat of Bihar for five times.
• In 2000, he was appointed as the Labour & Employment Minister of Jharkhand.
• In 2004, he was appointed as the Jharkhand State President of the BJP.
• In 2005, he was appointed as the Urban Development Minister and Commercial Tax Minister in the Arjun Munda government.
• On 30 December 2009, he was appointed as the Deputy Chief Minister of Jharkhand when Shibu Soren was the CM.
• On 16 August 2014, he was appointed as the Vice-President of the BJP National Committee.
• On 28 December 2014, he was sworn-in as the 6th Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
• He contested from the Jamshedpur East seat of Jharkhand in the 2019 Jharkhand Assembly Elections and lost.
• On 23 December 2019, he resigned from the Chief Minister's post after the BJP lost the majority in Jharkhand.
|Biggest Rival||Hemant Soren|
|Date of Birth||3 May 1955 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||64 Years|
|School||Harijan School, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand|
|College/University||Jamshedpur Co-operative College, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Science from the Jamshedpur Co-operative College
• Bachelor of Laws from the Jamshedpur Co-operative College
|Caste||Teli (OBC) Deccan Herald|
|Address||L6, Agrico Road, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand|
|Hobbies||Trying new kinds of street food|
|Controversies||• In January 2010, when he was the Deputy Chief Minister of Jharkhand, allegedly, he had conspired with Meinhardt, a private Singapore based company and awarded them undue favours by giving them a contract worth 200 crores INR for building the sewage drainage system of Ranchi. Firstpost
• On 17 October 2019, while addressing a rally in Dhanbad, he used abusive language while referring to the Congress. He said- "The Congress is a gang of "chirkuts," "chottas" and "rain frogs" as they come out to make sounds only during elections." India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Rukmini Devi (Homemaker)
|Children||Son- Lalit Kumar (Assistant Manager in Tata Steel)
Daughter- Renu Sahoo (Homemaker)
|Parents||Father- Chavan Ram (Former employee at Tata Steel)
Mother- Sonbatti Das (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Moolchand Sahoo
• Premvati Bai
• Mahari Bai
• Dedu Bai
|Car Collection||Toyota Innova (2010 Model)|
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019) MyNeta||Cash: 41,600 INR
Bank Deposits: 61.19 lacs INR
Bonds, Debentures, and Shares: 2.64 lacs INR
Jewellery: one 5gm gold ring worth 19,250 INR; one 10.50 gm gold chain worth 40,425 INR
|Salary (approx.)||2.72 lacs INR per month (as the Chief Minister of Jharkhand) Wikipedia|
|Net Worth (approx.)||85.08 lacs INR (as in 2019) MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raghubar Das
- Raghubar Das is an Indian politician from the BJP. He has served as the 6th Chief Minister of Jharkhand, and he is also the first non-tribal CM of Jharkhand.
- After completing his college education, he worked as an employee in “Tata Steel” as a legal professional.
- Before entering politics, he was involved in Jayaprakash Narayan’s “Total Revolution” movement. Das was jailed in Gaya, Bihar during the movement, and he was also jailed during the “Emergency” imposed by Indira Gandhi.
- He is one of the founding members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In 1990, he was a part of the first national committee meeting of the BJP in Mumbai.
- Reportedly, he is a man of simple taste and lives a very simple life. He is also said to be an agrarian and a disciplinarian.
- Das does not have any property to his name. He is said to be a follower of Kabir.
- He is considered to be in the core team of Amit Shah.
- On 23 December 2019, Das, along with other BJP leaders of Jharkhand, lost their seats in the Jharkhand Assembly Elections, and Das had to resign from the CM’s post; as the BJP could not retain the majority in the state.
References/Sources: [ + ]