Education: BA In Marketing And Strategy
|Known For||Being appointed the CEO of Myntra|
|Physical Stats & More|
• April 2019-Present: Vice President of Customer Growth, Media and Engagement
• July 2016 - April 2019: Senior Director, Home and Furniture
• January 2016 - July 2016: Senior Director, Lifestyle Accessories, Books & Media, Food and Nutrition
• July 2014 - December 2015: Director of Books, FMCG, and Auto Accessories
• August 2013 - June 2014: Associate Director of Health and Beauty
• 2012-2013: Co- Founder and Director, MyBabyCart.com
• September 2009 - June 2012: Product Manager, Britannia Marie Gold, Britannia Industries Limited
Hindustan Unilever Limited
• October 2007 - August 2009: Area Sales and Customer Manager
• May 2006 - April 2007: Brand Manager, Brooke Bond 3 Roses
• May 2005 - May 2006 : Business Leadership Trainee
• April 2004 - June 2004: Summer Trainee
|Age (as of 2021)||Not Known|
|College/University||• Faculty of Management Studies at the University of Delhi (2003-2005)
• Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi (1999-2003)
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn - Nandita||• BA in Marketing and Strategy from FMS, University of Delhi
• B. Tech. from the Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nandita Sinha
- Nandita Sinha is an Indian businessperson who is announced to be the next Chief Executive Officer of Walmart-owned Myntra, effective from 1 January 2022. Sinha will leave her post of Vice President of Customer Growth and Marketing at Walmart-owned Flipkart to join the fashion giant.
- In her total career spanning over 15 years, Nandita boasts professional experience across e-commerce and FMCG, P&L management and marketing, and building consumer internet businesses.
- Her family belongs to Lucknow.
- Nandita started her career in the middle of her BA as a summer trainee at Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) in April 2004. She worked there for three months. As soon as Sinha completed her degree, she joined the company in May 2005 as a Business Leadership Trainee. Within a year, she became the Brand Manager of Brooke Bond 3 Roses at HUL, and in October 2007, Sinha got promoted to the position of Area Sales and Customer Manager, where she worked till August 2009. LinkedIn – Nandita
- Following her four-year stint at HUL, Nandita joined Britannia Industries Limited in September 2009 as a Product Manager of the company’s Britannia Marie Gold vertical. She worked there till June 2012, and during her tenure, Nandita was responsible for communication development, innovation, and media planning for Marie Gold. She also headed a team of people from the supply chain, R&D, customer marketing, purchase, demand planning, and commercial departments. LinkedIn – Nandita
- In 2012, the businesswoman co-founded a recommendation-based e-commerce platform called MyBabyCart.com. Headquartered in Bangalore, the platform retails baby and maternity products. As the Director and Co-founder, Nandita was responsible for spearheading revenue and customer growth. Sinha also ensures the smooth running of the business and develops and implements strategies to acquire loyal customers. LinkedIn – Nandita
- Next year in August, Nandita grabbed the opportunity to serve as the Associate Director of Health and Beauty Walmart-owned Flipkart. In July 2014, she became the Director of Books, FMCG, and Auto Accessories. Two years later, Sinha was seen on the post of the Senior Director of Lifestyle Accessories, Books and Media, and Food and Nutrition and in July 2019, she became the Senior Director of Home and Furniture at Flipkart. In her new role, Nandita was responsible for building a long term strategy and growth plan for all the categories across product, business, and operations.
- She is scheduled to leave Flipkart at the end of 2021 after a nearly eight-year-long stint and as the Vice President of Customer Growth, Media and Engagement. While at the company, Sinha was the leading force behind Flipkart’s flagship Diwali sale event called “Big Billion Days,” and she also worked closely with Flipkart’s Group CEO Kalyan Krishnamurthy. Business Standard LinkedIn – Nandita
- On 1 January 2022, Nandita Sinha will join another Walmart-owned online fashion retailer, “Myntra,” as its Chief Executive Officer, as announced on 12 November 2021. Nandita was appointed the post after Amar Nagaram, Myntra’s former CEO of nearly three years, stepped down from the position in October 2021 to start his own venture. Set to become the leading lady of Myntra, Sinha will report to the Flipkart Group CEO, Kalyan Krishnamurthy. Business Standard When Nandita was asked about her appointment at Mynta, she said in an interview,
I am very excited about my new role and look forward to the opportunity of driving Myntra’s vision of democratising fashion further while working with a very talented team at Myntra.”