|Profession||Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Zilingo|
|Famous For||Being the first Asian women to run a startup in Asia with the value of almost $1 billion.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||Year 1992|
|Age (as of 2022)||30 Years|
|School||Podar School, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor Degree in Economics and Mathematics Business Today|
|Controversy||Ankiti Bose was terminated by the Singapore based technology and commerce platform Zilingo in May 2022 for insubordination. Reportedly, Zilingo appointed Deloitte and Kroll for forensic audit to investigate into the complaints received by the company against Ankiti Bose. Ankiti took to Instagram to talk about the matter. She wrote,
"I have been suspended for the last 51 days on the basis of an anonymous whistle-blower complaint, and today I am informed that my employment has been terminated inter alia on grounds of 'insubordination.'"
She further wrote,
"I have neither seen the Kroll nor Deloitte reports and not been given sufficient time to produce any documents requested by them. Any report that comes out post my termination would be vitiated as it seems to be instructed by conflicted parties, and we will pursue our rights against this witch-hunt to the full extent of the law. I will be speaking on record shortly with more details about the conflicts of interest in the manner this process was run." NDTV
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Engineer at an Oil Company)
Mother- Name Not Known (University Lecturer)
|Net Worth (approx.)||USD 970 million (Rs 69,58,53,75,000) in 2019 Economic Times|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ankiti Bose
- Ankiti Bose is the co-founder and CEO of Zilingo, an e-commerce website.
- After completing her graduation, she worked as a management consultant with McKinsey & Company in Bangalore from 2012 to 2014.
- In 2014, she joined Sequoia Capital in Bangalore as an Investment Analyst.
- In 2014, Ankiti went on a Bangkok trip with her office colleagues. While she was shopping in ‘Chatuchak Market’ in Bangkok, she noticed that the local shops there had no online presence. In an interview, Ankiti said,
We were in this market called Chatuchak. With more than 15,000 stalls and some 11,500 independent merchants, it is the largest weekend market in the world. I was like ‘wow, this stuff should be online!’ But they just couldn’t sell online, they didn’t know how to. That was the inception.”
- In the same year, she met software engineer, Dhruv Kapoor (an IIT graduate), who was working at gaming studio Kiwi Inc, Bangalore. They both decided to start-up their own business.
- Ankiti and Dhruv quit their job and invested their savings of $30,000 to start up their own business with the name ‘Zilingo.’ They got millions of dollars in funding from investors like Sequoia Capital India.
- Zilingo has its headquarters in Singapore, whereas, its technical office is in Bangalore.
- In almost four years, Ankiti became the first Indian woman to co-found a unicorn business (a start-up valued at $1 billion or more).
- Reportedly, Ankiti has expanded her business to various suppliers in Southeast Asian & South Asian countries.
- In 2018, Ankiti and Dhruv were listed in the American magazine ‘Fortune’ as the most influential young people in business aged under 30. Forbes
- In 2019, Ankiti was listed among the most influential young people in business aged under 40.