Height: 5' 11"
Age: 27 Years
|Full Name||Narayan Jagadeesan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.8 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|International Debut||T20- 30 January 2017, Hyderabad v Tamil Nadu at Chennai|
|Jersey Number||#18 (India)|
|Domestic/State Team(s)||Tamil Nadu Combined Districts XI, Dindigul Dragons, Tamil Nadu Under-14s,19s,22s,23s, and 25s|
|Favourite Shot(s)||Front-footed drives,
Inside-out lofted stroke
|Records (main ones)||• Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL): Scored 397 runs in 8 innings at an average of 56 and hit five fifties (most by any player in the tournament)
• On 21 November 2022, he shattered the world record for the highest ever individual score in men's List A cricket by scoring a 141-ball 277 against Arunachal Pradesh in the Vijay Hazare Trophy; he also created a world record of hitting five consecutive centuries in List A cricket. The Hindu
|Career Turning Point||• From 22 July to 20 August 2017: Won the 'Player of the Tournament award' by scoring maximum runs (397) in the Tamil Nadu Premier League.
|Date of Birth||24 December 1995|
|Age (as of 2022)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|College||PSG College, Coimbatore|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Commerce|
|Family||Father- C.J. Narayan (cricketer)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Girls, Family & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Narayan Jagadeesan
- He got the inspiration to play cricket from his father C.J. Narayan who used to play cricket for Tata electric company in Mumbai.
- He started playing cricket at the age of nine.
- On 27 October 2016, he made his first-class debut (Madhya Pradesh v Tamil Nadu in the 2016-17 Ranji Trophy) at Cuttack and received the ‘Man of the Match’ award.
- On February 26, 2017, his List- A debut was (Tamil Nadu v Uttar Pradesh) at Cuttack, where he played for Tamil Nadu.
- His total score in 9 first-class matches is 437 at an average of 43.70 including 2 centuries, 1 half-century, and 33 catches.
- In T20, he scored 216 runs at an average of 30.85 (13 matches).
- Jagadeesan scored 443 at an average of 44.30 in 10 List- A matches.
- He has been selected by Chennai Super Kings for ₹20 Lakhs to play in the IPL 2018.
- He wished to become a fast bowler but his mentor and father suggested he become a wicketkeeper.
- According to him, his wicket-keeper role helps him a lot to develop his batting as he can observe each ball minutely and can watch the whole game at a 360-degree angle in the ground.