Naresh Babu Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Full name||Naresh Vijaya Krishna The Times of India|
|Other name||Dr Naresh Naresh VijayaKrishna - Facebook|
|Known for||Being the step-brother of Mahesh Babu|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Debut||Film (Telugu; as a child actor): Rendu Kutumbala Katha (1970)
Film (Telugu; as a lead actor): Naalugu Stamabhalata (1982)
Film (Hindi; as a supporting actor): Akalmand (1983)
Film (Tamil; as a lead actor): Nenjathai Allitha (1984)
Web series (Telugu): Oka Chinna Family Story (2021) as Haridas on ZEE5
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 1991: Nandi Best Actor Television Award for Doordarshan's television show Munimanikyam Gari Kantham Kadhalu
• 1992: Nandi Special Jury Award for the Telugu film Chitram Bhalare Vichitram
• 1994: Nandi Best Actor Award for the Telugu film Sogasu Chuda Taramaa?
• 2009: Servant of the Poor Award on the occasion of the 4th national meet of CNRI (Corporation for National Research Initiatives) held in New Delhi
• 2014: Nandi Award for Best Character Actor for the Telugu film Parampara
• 2016: Awarded an honorary doctorate in Arts by the New York Academy of Universal Global Peace
• 2017: Nandi Award for Best Character Actor for the Telugu film Sathamanam Bhavati
• 2017: Best Character Actor Award for the Telugu film Sathamanam Bhavati at the 17th Santosham Film Awards
• 2017: SVR Character Award for the Telugu film Sathamanam Bhavati
• 2018: Awarded the title H.E. (His Excellency) and received a PhD degree in arts (his 2nd doctorate) from the United Nations ICDRHRP (International Commission of Diplomatic Relations Human Rights and Peace) organisation
• 2022: Allrounder Award on the completion of 50 years in the film industry (Golden Jubilee year) by VB Awards
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) (1998-2009)
|Political Journey||• Joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 1998
• President of BJP (Andhra Pradesh)
• BJP State Secretary (Andhra Pradesh)
• BJP State General Secretary (Andhra Pradesh)
• Contested and lost in the 2009 general elections from the Hindupur constituency, Andhra Pradesh, to Kristappa Nimmala of Telugu Desam Party
• Resigned from the Bharatiya Janata Party
|Date of Birth||20 January 1963 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||60 Years|
|School(s)||Sri Ramakrishna Mission Higher Secondary School Chennai Naresh Vijayakrishna - Facebook
Hindu Higher Secondary School, Chennai
Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, Chennai
|Educational Qualification||Naresh has studied till 10th standard Naresh Babu's My neta profile|
|Hobbies||Writing poetry, listening to music, travelling, photography|
|Controversy||Attacked by ex-wife, Ramya Raghupathi
In July 2022, Naresh was attacked by his ex-wife, Ramya Raghupathi, at a hotel in Mysore, where he was accompanied by his rumoured girlfriend, Pavitra Lokesh. As soon as Ramya reached the hotel and noticed Naresh with Pavitra, she tried to hit them with her slippers. Naresh and Pavitra were provided police protection while stepping out of the hotel. While addressing the media reporters, Naresh claimed that Ramya, along with her rumoured boyfriend Rakesh Reddy was trying to blackmail him after he sent Ramya a divorce notice. As per sources, Pavitra filed a complaint against Ramya at the Mysuru police station and accused her of stalking and cyber harassment. In an interview, on being asked about Ramya's accusations after she caught her with Naresh at the hotel in Mysore, Pavitra replied,
I am not new to Telugu people or the industry. I needn’t explain my relationship with Naresh. To defame me out of her interests is something very upsetting. I felt like why this is happening to me. She is making me the victim and this is not correct. She should settle scores within the family."
On the other hand, Ramya, while addressing the media, talked about her husband's affair with Pavitra and said,
They claimed that they are best friends but stayed together in a single room all night. I am here raising concern over my son’s future and protecting his interests. I come from a proper Hindu family and I don’t like to get separated from my husband.” News18
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Pavitra Lokesh (actress) (2022-present)
|Marriage Date||• Third Wife: Year, 2010
• Fourth Wife: March 2023
|Wife/Spouse||• First Wife- Name not known (reportedly, daughter of Srinu, a choreographer)
• Second Wife- Rekha (divorced)
• Third Wife- Ramya Raghupathi (divorced)
• Fourth Wife- Pavithra Lokesh (actor) (m. March 2023-present) The Economic Times
• Naveen Vijay Krishna (with second wife, Rekha)
• Tejaswi Krishna (with second wife, Rekha) (image in wife's section)
• Ranaveer Krishna (with third wife, Ramya Raghupathi) (image in wife's section)
|Parents||Father- Krishna Murthy
Mother- Vijaya Nirmala (actress, director, and producer) (b.1946 ; d.2019)
|Other Relatives|| Step-father- Krishna (a well-known Indian actor, director, and producer)
(b. 1943; d.2022)
Step-mother- Indira Devi ( a homemaker) (b.1952 ; d. 2022)
• Ramesh Babu (actor and film producer (b.1965 ; d.2022)
• Mahesh Babu (actor and producer)
• Manjula Ghattamaneni (actor and filmmaker) (b.1970)
• Padmavathi Ghattamaneni (producer) (b.1969)
• Priyadarshini Ghattamaneni (homemaker) (b.1979)
|Car Collection||• Caravan
• Sports car DC Avanti
• Mercedes-Benz S-Class
• Honda CR-V
|Bike Collection||• BMW S 1000 RR
• Royal Enfiled SHL M11
|Salary (approx.)||40-50 lakh per film News18|
|Assets/Properties (as of 2009)||Movable assets
• Cash: Rs 1,00,000
• Motor Vehicles: Rs 11,75,000
• Jewellery: Rs 70,000
• Other Assest: 1,20,000
• Non-Agricultural Land: Rs 6,57,00,000
• Buildings: Rs 25,00,000 My Neta
Note- In 2022, News18 valued Naresh's assets worth Rs 200 crores News18
|Net Worth (as of 2009)||Rs 66,065,000 My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naresh Babu
- Naresh Babu is an Indian actor, politician, and social activist, who is well-known for appearing in Telugu films and television shows. Naresh gained recognition for playing the role in Telugu films Sogasu Chuda Taramaa? (1985) as Venkat Rao, Hai Hai Nayaka (1989) as Ramakrishna, Chitram! Bhalare Vichitram!! (1991) as Nimmagadda Rajeswara Rao, and Sri Krishnarjuna Vijayam (1996) as Narada.
- Naresh, at a young age, got married to his second wife, Rekha. In an interview, on being asked about the reason for divorcing Rekha, Naresh said,
I always focus on one work, so I distanced from the film industry to concentrate on politics. I was successful as a politician, but at the same time I was down financially. My mother and my wife felt bad… and my mother understands me and supports me. I didn’t waste money unnecessarily, but my wife Rekha left me at that point. I don’t want to go beyond that as I respect her views.” Deccan Chronicle
- As per sources, it was rumoured that Naresh, and his rumoured girlfriend, Pavitra Lokesh, were in a live-in relationship. Together, have worked on a few Telugu films like Happy Wedding (2018), MCA Middle-Class Abbayi (2017), Entha Manchi Vadavu Raa (2020), and Lakshmi Raave Maa Intiki (2014). In an interview, Pavitra denied her relationship rumours with Naresh and said,
I and Naresh are good friends and if Ramya has a problem with her husband, she should fight it out in Hyderabad. Instead, she created unwanted controversy in Bengaluru. As far as I’m concerned Naresh is a decent person and we both have nothing to hide.”
- Naresh appeared in some of the popular Telugu films like Rendu Jella Sita (1983) as Gopi, Sri Kanakamalaxmi Recording Dance Troupe (1987) as Gopalam, Kokila (1990) as Siddhartha, Jamba Lakidi Pamba (1993) as Vijay, Aame (1994) as Vikram, Dhanalakshmi, I Love You (2002) as Babu Rao, Drushyam (2014) as Prabhakar, and Shatamanam Bhavati (2017) as Bangarraju.
- Naresh has acted in a few Tamil films like Porutham(1985), Malini 22 Palayamkottai (2013) as Prakash, Nee Enge En Anbe (2014) as Aadhikesavayya, and Sandamarutham (2015) as DGP Rathinasamy.
- Ramya Raghupathi, Naresh’s third wife, is the daughter of Congress leader Raghuveera Reddy from Andhra Pradesh. In an interview, Naresh revealed the reason behind separating from his wife Ramya and said,
Me and my estranged wife split up eight years ago. In Hindupur, she participated in financial scams and defrauded numerous individuals. She ran Hyderabad’s organised criminal scene, but the police quickly apprehended her. After reaching a resolution with the authorities, Ramya left for Bengaluru. There, she defamed me and propagated several rumours about me.”
- In 1991, Naresh appeared in the Telugu TV show Munimanikyam Gari Kantham Kadhalu in which he played the role of Venkata Rao on Doordarshan. Later, he appeared in a few Telugu television shows like Popula Petti (1996) as Srinivas on ETV, Amrutham (2002) as Icchapurapu Amrutha Rao on Gemini TV, Maa Nanna (2012) as Sivaiah on Gemini TV, and Mahalakshmi Nivasam (2013) as Viswanatha Raju on Gemini TV.
- In his leisure time, Naresh Babu is often spotted doing organic farming. He owns a 20-acre farm in Shadnagar, where he grows fruits like mango, guava, pomegranate, and many more. In an interview, Naresh revealed that he and his mother Vijaya Nirmala earned approximately Rs 4 lakh from the sale of mangoes and said,
I am doing it for the past 12 years in my house. All the vegetables in my house, including onion and green chillies, are all from one-and-a-half acres of organic farming. It’s semi-organic, I grow fruits like mango, guava, pomegranate etc. Most of the fruits go to the local markets.” Deccan Chronicle
- Naresh Babu is fond of sports cars and car racing. In 1980, at the age of 16, he won his first cup in car racing at the motor racing circuit in Chennai.
- Naresh Babu was elected as the president of the Movie Artists Association group in 2019.
- Naresh Babu is the founder of KIV (Kalakarula Ikya Vidika), an NGO, which facilitates support and provides a platform for local artists, who aim to protect and conserve the ancient arts.
- In 2008, Naresh Babu did a 125 km Padayatra from Icchampally Project to Warangal for linking Krishna and Godavari waters.
- On 21 July 2020, Naresh was appointed as the director of Vijaya Krishna Green Studios Private Limited, a film production house.
- Naresh Vijaya Krishna considers Jandhyala Veera Venkata Durga Siva Subrahmanya Sastry as his ‘Guru’ in the film industry.
- In 2001, Naresh Babu’s Telugu film ‘Hindustan The Mother’ premiered at the International Film Festival of India, BFI London Film Festival, and Mumbai Film Festival.
- In 2007, Naresh’s Telugu film Mee Sreyobhilashi premiered at the International Film Festival of India.
- in 2014, Naresh Babu’s Telugu film Parampara premiered at the Jakarta International Film Festival.
- According to Naresh’s Facebook account, his favourite quote is “Win them all & take them along or nail their coffins & sing the swan song.”
- In 2022, Naresh acted in the web series Modern Love Hyderabad in which he played the role of K. Sreedhar on
Amazon Prime Video.
- On 31 December 2022, Naresh Babu announced his fourth marriage to Pavitra Lokesh through a video on Twitter.
New Year ✨
New Beginnings 💖
Need all your blessings 🙏
From us to all of you #HappyNewYear ❤️
– Mee #PavitraNaresh pic.twitter.com/JiEbWY4qTQ
— H.E Dr Naresh VK actor (@ItsActorNaresh) December 31, 2022