Husband: Krishna Ghattamaneni
Death Cause: Heart Attack
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijaya Nirmala
- Nirmala entered the cinema at the age of four as a child artist in 1950.
- She rose to stardom with the Malayalam hit, Bhargavi Nilayam (1964) in which she starred opposite Prem Nazir.
- She met her second husband, Krishna Ghattamaneni on the sets of ‘Saakshi’ in 1967. It was her second Telugu film. After that, they starred in 47 films.
- In 2002, she entered the Guinness Book of World Records for being the only woman to have directed the most number of films (44).
- She also launched her own production house, Vijaya Krishna Movies and produced 15 films.
- Actually, ‘Vijaya’ was not her real name. In 1965, she named herself as Vijaya Nirmala when she paid tribute to the famous studio, ‘Vijaya Movie Studio’ which gave her first starring role.
- She was the aunt of actresses, Jayasudha and Subhashini.
- She had no child with her second husband. Her second husband has five children with his first wife. She was the step-mother of actors, Ramesh Babu and Mahesh Babu and actress, Manjula.
- Her grandson, Naveen Vijaya Krishna is also an actor.