Age: 69 Years
Hometown: Sangrur, Punjab
Wife: Anita Goyal
|Famous For||Being the Founder and Chairman of Jet Airways|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||29 July 1949|
|Age (as in 2019)||69 Years|
|Birthplace||Sangrur, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Sangrur, Punjab, India|
|School||Government Raj High School|
|College/University||Government Bikram College of Commerce, Patiala|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors of Commerce|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Hall of Fame honour from Hotel Investment Forum of India: 2011
• Lifetime Achievement Award of the Year by the Travel Agents Association of India: 2010
• India Business Leader Awards by CNBC TV18: 2009
• Man of the Year Award by the Aviation Press Club: 2008
• NDTV Profit Business Award: 2006
• Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Services from Ernst & Young: 2000
• Belgium conferred the Commandeur of the Order of Leopold II (one of the country's highest civilian distinctions): 2011
|Controversies||• In 2000, according to the Indian Intelligence Agencies, Naresh Goyal-led Jet Airways was funded by the don Dawood Ibrahim. Though this was discarded and the government gave him security clearance.
• In March 2020, the Enforcement Directorate detained him under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) for suspicious transactions involving 19 privately held firms (14 registered in India and 5 abroad) associated with Goyal. The Times of India
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1988|
|Wife/Spouse||Anita Goyal (Marketing Analyst)
|Children||Son- Nivaan Goyal
Daughter- Namrata Goyal
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Jewellery Dealer)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Surinder Kumar Goyal
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹3,000 Crore ($500 Million) (As Per 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naresh Goyal
- Does Naresh Goyal drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was very young when his father passed away.
- He was 11 years old when his family went into financial turmoil and had to auction their house. He then lived with his mother’s uncle.
- He began his career as a cashier in 1967 in his maternal uncle’s travel agency.
- His first salary was ₹300 per month.
- After his graduation, he joined the travel business with the GSA for Lebanese International Airlines.
- In 1969, Naresh was appointed as the Public Relation Manager of Iraqi Airways.
- From 1971 to 1974, he served as the Regional General Manager for ALIA, Royal Jordanian Airlines.
- In 1974, he set up his own agency Jetair, representing big names, such as Air France, Austrian Airlines and Cathay Pacific. His mother sold her own jewellery to give him money to start the business.
- In 1975, he was made the regional manager of Philippine Airlines in India.
- In 1979, he met Anita, who joined her company as a marketing analyst. He married her nine years later in 1988.
- Goyal founded Jet Airways (air services on domestic sectors in India), which commenced its commercial operations on 5 May 1993.
- He was appointed on the Board of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) from 2004–2006 and then re-elected in 2008, serving till 2016.
- On 17 July 2018, Goyal signed an $8.8 billion deal to buy 75 airplanes from Boeing.
- He is the founder of an airline but doesn’t know how to drive a car nor does he know how to swim as well.