|Nasim Najafi Aghdam
|Nasime Sabz, Green Nasim
|YouTube Headquarters Shooting at the San Bruno, California
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|Date of Birth
|April 4, 1977
|The city of Urmia, Iran
|Date of Death
|April 3, 2018
|Place of Death
|San Bruno, California, United States
|Age (at the time of death)
|Self-inflicted gunshot wound
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|San Diego, California, United States
|Bahá'í Faith (a religion teaching the essential worth of all religions, and the unity and equality of all people)
|Promoting Veganism & Animal Rights, Body-building
|Boys, Affairs and More
|Name Not Known (a 36-year-old man)
|Father- Ismail Aghdam
Mother- Name Not Known
|Brother- Shahran Aghdam
Sister- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nasim Aghdam
- Did Nasim Aghdam smoke?: Not Known
- Did Nasim Aghdam drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was the prime suspect in YouTube mass shooting at the YouTube headquarters in Northern California.
- Aghdam was an Iranian immigrant who lived with her grandmother in southern California.
- Nasim, along with her family, came to California from Iran in 1996.
- She had been a prolific social media user and had posted some videos on YouTube that included the rant against the company.
- Through her videos, she wanted to become a YouTube star, as her YouTube channel contained glitzy and prolific videos showcasing everything from exercise to cooking.
- Nasim was also an animal rights activist and a vegan bodybuilder, promoting healthy and humane living.
- In 2010, she launched the first Persian TV commercial and music video (Do You Dare) regarding veganism and animal rights through international Iranian satellite Television.
- Her YouTube channel had more than 5,000 subscribers, and her videos had more than 1 million views.
- She also had a page on DailyMotion.
- In one of her videos, she had complained that YouTube “discriminated and filtered” her content.
- In a Facebook post in February 2017, Nasim blasted YouTube saying, ‘There is not equal growth opportunity on YouTube.”
- With goofy parody videos, she wanted to become a sensational YouTube star. One such video was a Taylor Swift parody video.
- Some authorities claimed that the shooting at the San Bruno HQ of YouTube might have stemmed from a domestic dispute. However, others said that she was furious over YouTube because it had stopped paying her for her clips.
- On the afternoon of April 3, 2018, the mass shooting at the San Bruno HQ of YouTube unfolded, in which Nasim Aghdam (the shooter) died at the scene from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, and three other people were wounded.
- According to police, she had visited a local gun range before going to YouTube’s headquarters. A Smith & Wesson 9mm semiautomatic handgun, registered to Nasim Aghdam, was found at the scene.
- Her father, Ismail Aghdam said he reported his daughter missing on April 2, 2018, after she did not answer her phone for 2 days.
- One of the victims, a 36-year-old man, was her boyfriend.
- Following the incident, a number of tweets including that of Donald Trump and Sundar Pichai were surfaced; condemning the incident.