Hometown: Padil, Mangalore
Marital Status: Married
Age: 54 Years
|Other name||Navin Padil Daijiworld|
|Name earned||Kusaldarase (The king of comedy) Daijiworld|
|Known for||Playing the role of Kotiyappa and Gundu Mava in the Kannada television comedy show Majaa Talkies (2015) on Colors Kannada
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (Semi bald)|
|Debut||Film (Malayalam; in a supporting role): Vidheyan (1993)
Film (Tulu; in a lead role): Birse (2008)
Film (Kannada; in a supporting role): Jarasandha (2011)
TV (Kannada): Majaa Talkies (2015) as Kotiyappa and Gundu Mava on Colors Kannada
|Awards||• 2014: Best Actor in a Comic Role for the Tulu film Oriyardori Asal at the Red FM Tulu Film Awards
• 2014: 24th Sandesha Awards in the Arts category for his contribution to the theatre
• 2015: Best Actor in a Comic Role for the Tulu Film Telikeda Bolli at the Tulu Cinemotsava Awards
• 2015: Best Actor (Public Voting) for the Tulu film Chaali Polilu at the Tulu Cinemotsava Awards
• 2016: Best Supporting Actor for the Tulu film Kudla Cafe at the Karnataka State Film Awards
• 2016: Best Supporting Actor for the Tulu film Panoda Bodcha at the Muktha Tulu Film Awards
• 2018: Rotary Vandana Award for his contribution to the field of entertainment
• 2018: Versatile Actor Award at the Red FM Tulu Film Awards
• 2022: Rising Star Award at the Chittara Star Awards
|Date of Birth||11 November 1969 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Padil, Mangalore, Karnataka|
|Hometown||Padil, Mangalore, Karnataka|
|School||Karmar School in Padil Daijiworld|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name not known
|Children||Son- Sudhanshu Rai
Some Lesser Known Facts About Naveen D. Padil
- Naveen D. Padil is an Indian actor and theatre artist, who predominantly appear in comic roles in Tulu films and theatrical productions. He came into the limelight in 2015 for his performance in the Kannada television comedy show Majaa Talkies in which he played the role of Kotiyappa and Gundu Mava on Colors Kannada.
- Coming from a poor family, Naveen, after completing his matriculation, worked as a mason and as a supplier in a hotel to look after the daily expenses of his family. His mother used to work as a domestic housemaid. Apart from it, Naveen additionally drove an auto-rickshaw at night for about one and a half years to contribute financially to his family.
- While studying in school, Naveen got selected as a child artist in a youth drama centre, which was operated by a dramatist, Mohiudin Abbas. Later, he performed with several Tulu drama clubs like Kala Sangama, Lakumi, and Chaparka.
- Initially, Naveen participated and performed tirelessly in different stage plays and theatrical productions like “Dever Dee Leka Apundu,” “Nikulu Matherla Ulleratha,” “Yaanori Baroliya,” “Ardha Nidre,” “Initha Avaste,” “Onji Nimisha,” “Telikeda Barsolu,” “Oriyardori Asal,” and “Orion Toonda Oriyagapuji.”
- Some of Naveen’s notable Tulu films are- Aamait Asal Eemait Kusal (2012) as Raju, Chaali Polilu (2014) as Damu, Ekka Saka (2015) as Gopal, and Super Marmaye (2015) as Hari.
- In 2016, Naveen gained recognition in the Tulu film industry with his performance in the film Kudla Cafe in which he played the role of Bhaskar.
- In February 2016, Naveen visited the Red FM Mangalore studio in Mangalore, Karnataka and promoted his Tulu film Kudla Cafe.
- Dabak Daba Aisa, a Tulu film in which Naveen played the role of a bus conductor, Jeevan Jeeth, was shot in 22 days with only two cameras in 2016. Deccan Herald
- In October 2016, Naveen was invited to the Tulu Parba event at the American International School, Maidan Hawally, Kuwait, which was organised by the Tulu Koota Kuwait organisation. At the event, he performed a Tulu comedy play, Adimel, and was honoured for his contribution to the Tulu film industry.
- In May 2017, Naveen was invited by the United Kannada Organization as a chief guest to attend a conference in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia.
- In November 2017, the Mangalore City Corporation appointed Naveen as the Swachhata Rayabahari (cleanliness ambassador) for Mangalore. The Times of India
- In 2021, Naveen was featured in the print advertisement for the brand Prime Masala.
- In 2022, Naveen appeared in the Tulu film Jeetige and played the lead role of Taniyappa. At the National Film Awards 2022, the film won the Best Feature Film in the Tulu Cinema category.
- In 2022, Naveen’s performance as a lawyer was well appreciated in the Kannada film Kantara.
- In November 2022, during the shoot of a film in Madanthyar, Karnataka, Naveen fell and fractured his femur bone in the thigh following which he was taken to the hospital and was advised three-month bed rest.