|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Film: Popcorn Monkey Tiger (2019) as Girija
|• In 2021, she won the South Indian International Movie Award as the Best Debutant Actor for the Kannada film Popcorn Monkey Tiger (2019)
• In September 2023, she won the SIIMA Critics Award for Best Actress (Kannada) for the film ‘Kantara’ at the South Indian International Movie Awards that took place at the Dubai World Trade Centre in the United Arab Emirates
|Date of Birth
|8 June 1996 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Bangalore (now Bengaluru)
|School Facebook - Sapthami Gowda
|• Baldwin Girls' High School, Bangalore, India
• Sri Kumaran Children’s Home Composite Junior College, Bengaluru, Karnataka
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore Facebook - Sapthami Gowda
|BE Civil Engineering Sapthami Gowda - LinkedIn
|Swimming, travelling, reading novels
|She has three triangles inked on her right arm. Learn, explore, and create are symbolized by the first triangle, second triangle, and third triangle, respectively.
|Relationships & More
|Father- Umesh Sk Doddi (Police Officer)
Mother- Shantha Madaiah
|Sister- Uthare Gowda (Swimmer)
|Radhika Pandit, Nithya Menen, Samantha Akkineni
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sapthami Gowda
- Sapthami Gowda is an Indian actress and a civil engineer. In 2022, she appeared in the Kannada film Kantara in which she portrayed the role of Leela.
- Before venturing into the entertainment industry, Sapthami Gowda worked as an associate software engineer at Accenture in Bengaluru, India.
- In 2019, she made her acting debut with the Kannada film Popcorn Monkey Tiger in which she played the role of Girija.
- Subsequently, in 2022, she worked in Rishab Shetty’s directed film Kantara. In 2022, Sapthami Gowda starrer film Kantara turned out to be one of the highest-grossing Kannada films. In an interview, Sapthami talked about the success of the Kannada film and said,
It feels overwhelming sometimes because I never expected this to ever happen in my career so early. It’s still very difficult to digest and I am still taking it all in but I am really happy and really, really proud that I got to be part of this film. Today, when it has reached this scale, I am very grateful actually.” DNA India
- According to a media source, Sapthami Gowda was offered a role in a Kannada film titled ‘Hey Ram;’ however, she denied the offer. In an interview, she talked about this and said that her character in the film was similar to the character she played in her debut film, and she rejected the offer as she didn’t want to be typecast in films. She said,
Since I had a good start to my career with Popcorn Monkey… I have been very careful about choosing my next project. In fact, there have been quite a few offers, but most of them did not offer me anything substantial as a role. I did not want to do a a regular love interest character who gets a few scenes and songs, at the most. In fact, the role in Hey Ram is quite good, but it felt similar to what I had done in Popcorn Monkey…, the film’s genre is the same and I didn’t want to be typecast. So, after a lengthy discussion with that team, we have decided that I will collaborate with them on their next one. They have a script ready in which there is a strong female character, a cop, and I want to do that whenever they are ready to start it.” The Times of India
- Besides being an actor, Sapthami Gowda is a swimmer. Sapthami Gowda took up swimming at an early age and won various state and national-level swimming competitions. In 2010, she won a gold medal at the Indian Triathlon Federation, Indore. Bangalore Mirror