Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajiv Makhni
- Rajiv Makhni is a prominent Indian journalist. He hosts technology-related shows on NDTV. He is also the Managing Editor of NDTV.
- His mother was born in Amritsar, and his grandparents had arrived from Pakistan during the Partition. His father belongs to Burma, but he was thrown out during the conflict of Burma in 1949, after which he settled in Assam.
- He started his career as a model, and he used to do ramp walks and photoshoots for a lot of famous brands in India.
- He is married to the former supermodel and Miss India, Ruchitra M Makhni.
- He hosts many tech shows on NDTV such as- “Gadget Guru,” “Cell Guru,” “Walk the Tech Talk,” “News Net 3.0.” He also hosts a tech quiz show titled- “Croma Tech Grandmaster.”
- Rajiv is also a columnist, and he writes for several publications in India and abroad such as- the “Outlook Group,” “Hindustan Times,” “Mansworld,” “Leisure International,” and many more.
- In 2012, he was named as the “Television Anchor of the Year” by the Indian Television Academy Awards (ITA). In 2013, he was named as the “Best Anchor on TV” by ITA.
- In 1995, he had started an Italian gourmet chain of restaurants named “Slice of Italy” with six outlets across India. However, in 2002, the chain had to be sold off to an MNC; as it could not sustain the operation costs and it was not able to complete with brands such as “Dominos” and “Pizza Hut.”
- On 20 February 2018, he met and interviewed Sophia, the world’s first AI-powered social humanoid robot.
About to go onstage with Sophia, the worlds first AI based social humanoid robot at #nasscom_ilf. Yes! A freewheeling fireside chat with a Robot (I love my life)! Do send in any questions you would like me to ask her pic.twitter.com/2RcDzU3aZM
— Rajiv Makhni (@RajivMakhni) February 20, 2018