|Known For||Her bold and bizarre outfits
|Physical Stats & More|
|Instagram-Urfi Javed Height||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 1”
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-25-34|
|Debut||TV: Tedi Medi Family (2015)
Web Series: Puncch Beat 2 (2021)
|Date of Birth||15 October 1996|
|Age (as of 2022)||26 Years|
|School||City Montessori School, Lucknow|
|College/University||Amity University, Lucknow|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Mass Communication India Today|
|Religious Views||Urfi does not have faith in Islam. Koi Moi In an interview, she said,
"To be very honest, I don’t believe in Islam and I’ve never believed in it. I feel a lot of things in Islam are a bit regressive but so are in other religions as well. The world is changing at a very fast pace but religions are not and just because of that reason some people are lagging behind. This is the main reason behind the generation gap because people are not ready to change. I don’t like the fact that Islam allows four weddings. Triple talaq was banned and I think it was for the best.”
She does not like the restrictions that are imposed on women in the name of religion. She said,
"In Islam also there are many things that women should wear burkha and they should stay behind a parda, I don’t understand these things. If a girl wants to do it willingly then it is fine. One should not force something on others.”
She also said it straight that she would never marry a Muslim man. India Today She said,
"I am a Muslim girl. Most of the hate comments I receive are from Muslim people. They say that I am tarnishing the image of Islam. They hate me because Muslim men want their women to behave in a certain way. They want to control all the women in the community. I don’t believe in Islam because of this. The reason why they troll me is because I don't behave the way they expect me to as per their religion.”
|Tattoo||She has a feather tattoo on her left ribcage.
|Controversies||• She uploaded a series of Instagram stories and accused the casting director, Obed Afridi of exploiting young models. She claimed that Obed did not give her money for her work. She even said that Obed harassed girls sexually in exchange for modelling assignments. She posted various screenshots of the chats and stated that 5 different girls have come up with similar statements. Various celebrities such as Priyank Sharma, Nikita Bhamidipati, and Arushi Handa supported Urfi by posting stories in agreement with her.
• In November 2022, while speaking at a literary event organised by a media house, Chetan Bhagat mentioned Urfi Javed's name while asserting that youth were spending a lot of time on Instagram. He said, "Phone has been a great distraction for the youth, especially the boys, spending hours just watching Instagram Reels. Everyone knows who Urfi Javed is. What will you do with her photos? Is it coming in your exams or you will go for a job interview and tell the interviewer that you know all her outfits? On one side, there is a youth who is protecting our nation at Kargil and on another side, we have another youth who is seeing Uorfi Javed's photos hiding in their blankets." Later, Urfi Javed took to Instagram to slam the author and wrote, "Men like him will always blame the women than accept their own shortcomings. Stop promoting rape culture you sickos out there. Blaming women's clothes for the behaviour of men is so 80s Mr Chetan Bhagat." NDTV
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||She was in a relationship with Paras Kalnawat. They met each other on the sets of the TV serial Meri Durga. They broke up in 2017. Upon being asked in an interview about Paras, Urfi said,
I wanted to break up with him one month after we got together. He was a kid. He was very possessive. He tried to woo me again by having 3 tattoos of my name, but who does that after one has parted ways? Surely, I wasn't going back to him just for the tattoos. Even if he had tattoos of my name all over his body, I wouldn't have."
|Parents||Father- Name not known
Mother- Zakiya Sultana
|Siblings||Brother- Sameer Aslam
Sister- Asfi Javed and Dolly Javed
Urfi has one more sibling.
- Urfi Javed is an Indian TV actress and model who is known for her bold and bizarre fashion statement.
- She is often trolled on social media for her over-the-top outfits.
- She was born in a conservative family where patriarchy ruled. She said that in her family, girls were not allowed to have their say in any matter and only the men were allowed to make decisions. Times of India
- When she was in her first year in college, someone put her pictures on a porn site. According to her, all hell broke loose and her father started abusing her physically and mentally without giving her a chance to explain. Koi Moi
- According to her, she then ran away from the misogynist environment of her home because of the patriarchal ideologies of her father. She took along her 2 sisters, leaving behind her mother and her 2 siblings and moved to Delhi. Koi Moi
- Upon being asked in an interview, she recalled how long it took her to just survive after leaving her house. Koi Moi She said,
I stayed in a park for a week in Delhi. Then we three started looking for jobs. I got a job in a call center. My father got remarried and then the whole responsibility of the family came on to me and my sisters’ shoulders.”
- Before entering the entertainment industry, she worked as an assistant to a fashion designer in Delhi.
- She visited Mumbai for a job interview, which did not go in her favour but because of her passion for acting, she stayed and gave various auditions. She bagged her first role within 3 months in 2015, in a TV serial Tedi Medi Family. The Times Of India
- Later, she did various shows such as Chandra Nandini (2016-17), Bepannaah (2018), Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (2020) etc.
- In 2021, she entered the Bigg Boss OTT house as a contestant. However, her Bigg Boss journey was short-lived as she was eliminated after 7 days in the first elimination of the show.
- In 2021, she debuted with Puncch Beat 2 as Meera in the web series.
- She has also featured in various Punjabi music videos, such as Chat Sohniye (2021), Crazy (2022), and Befikra (2022).
- After her stint in Bigg Boss OTT, she rose to fame and people started believing that she is Javed Akhtar‘s granddaughter because of her last name. Shabana Azmi, the wife of Javed Akhtar, tweeted to clarify that they are not related.
She is not related to us on anyway . Stop spreading lies ! https://t.co/QGaocn4eGV
— Azmi Shabana (@AzmiShabana) September 8, 2021
- Urfi tried to dismiss the rumours in an interview. India Today She said,
People have cooked up stories just because my entire name is Urfi Javed. But he was never associated with me in any way. All this is just done to troll him and put his name down by associating my outfit controversy with him. But how is that even relevant? Even if his own granddaughter wears anything of her choice what’s wrong with that? Why is he being held responsible for that?”
- She used this opportunity to style her airport outfit. She wore a white t-shirt with a print that said ‘Not Javed Akhtar’s Granddaughter’.
- She has also been seen sporting similar outfits to those of Hollywood celebrities, Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid.
- Apparently, Urfi was supposed to work with his ex-boyfriend Paras Kalnawat for Star Plus Channel’s top-rated show Anupama. Later, she disclosed in an interview that her ex stood in the way of her opportunity and asked the team to not cast her. India Today She said,
We were supposed to work together in a show, I guess Anupamaa only. He requested the creative director and everyone to not cast me in the show. Whenever there is even a slight chance of me being in the show, he would request the team to not cast me. Because apparently, his girlfriend present or ex would not like it.”
- In an interview, Urfi revealed that directors often tell her that she does not have the innocent face that is required for a TV lead. The Times Of India She said,
Somehow, casting directors tell me that I don’t have that innocent face to play a lead on TV. I only get negative roles to play. Also, with lead, the problem is that one gets so over exposed playing a similar character for years that after the show ends or one quits, it is difficult to get serials. However, with parallel leads, this isn’t the problem. This doesn’t mean that I would not want to play a lead, but I don’t run after it,”
- Urfi Javed has often been spotted carrying the Bhagavad Gita, the 700-verse Hindu scripture while travelling. In an interview, she disclosed that she is intrigued by this religion and wants to know more about its logical inferences to fade away extremism from her life. The Times Of India