|Other name||Baby Sonia (Childhood Screen Name)|
|Real Name||Harneet Kaur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDB Height||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film (Child Actor): Suraj (1966)
Film (Lead Actor): Rickshawala (1972)
|Date of Birth||8 July 1958 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||65 Years|
|School||Hill Grange High School, Mumbai Filmfare|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Hindustan Times|
|Address||Krishna Raj, 27, Pali Hill, Bandra (West), Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Gymming, and Doing Meditation|
|Controversy||Neetu Singh filed a police complaint against Rishi Kapoor in 1997 for being violent after drinking alcohol. Later, she denied such rumours. India Forums|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rishi Kapoor (Actor)|
|Marriage Date||22 January 1980 (Tuesday)
|Marriage Place||Their marriage was held at Chembur Golf Course Post in Mumbai and reception at the RK Studio, Mumbai|
|Husband/Spouse||Late Rishi Kapoor
|Children||Daughter- Riddhima Kapoor Sahni (Fashion Designer)
Son- Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
|Parents||Father- Late Darshan Singh
Mother- Late Rajee Kaur
|Cuisines||Japanese and Lebanese|
|Actor(s)||Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan|
|Restaurant||China Garden in Mumbai|
|Assets/Properties||A 4-BHK apartment in Mumbai's Bandra Kurla Complex area
Note: She bought the property for Rs 17.4 crore in May 2023. Koimoi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Neetu Singh
- Neetu Singh is a veteran Bollywood actress.
- She learnt dancing from Vyjayanthimala’s dance school in Bombay.
- Neetu was spotted by the Bollywood actress, Vyjayanthimala who cast her as a child artist in the film ‘Suraj’ in 1966.
- Neetu’s mother, Rajee Singh played the role of her on-screen mother in the Bollywood film ‘Rani Aur Lalpari’ (1975).
- Rishi Kapoor realised his love for Neetu while he was shooting out of India for the film ‘Barood’ in 1976. He sent her a telegram saying,
Sikhni badi yaad aati hai.”
- According to Neetu, initially, her mother was sceptical about her relationship with Rishi, she said,
My mom did not like it when she heard about our affair. She would get very upset when he would flirt with me. She didn’t know whether he would get married to me. I had to convince her that I wanted to go on a date with Rishi, but she would send my cousin with me as a chaperone. I lived with my mother Rajee Singh even after I got married. Since she was alone, Rishi felt that she should live with us, which was really very gracious of him.
- Some sources claim that Neetu and Rishi got secretly engaged to each other when they had gone to attend a friend’s wedding.
- Neetu and Rishi’s wedding mandap was used in Raj Kapoor’s film ‘Prem Rog’ (1982).
- Neetu’s daughter, Riddhima was born on 15 September 1980 and son, Ranbir Kapoor was born on 28 September 1982.
- She appeared as a child actor in many Bollywood films, like ‘Dus Lakh’ (1966), ‘Do Kaliyaan’ (1968), ‘Waris’ (1969), and ‘Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani’ (1970).
- She was paired with Rishi Kapoor in 12 Bollywood films, including ‘Zehreela Insaan (1974), ‘Khel Khel Mein’ (1975), ‘Rafoo Chakkar’ (1975), ‘Kabhie Kabhie’ (1976), ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’ (1977), and ‘Dhan Daulat’ (1980).
- She left acting after her marriage, and in 2009, she made a comeback after 26 years in the Bollywood film, ‘Love Aaj Kal.’
- She appeared as a supporting actor in the films, like ‘Do Dooni Chaar’ (2010), ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ (2012), and ‘Besharam’ (2013).
- Reportedly, Rishi Kapoor had asked Neetu to wrap up her shooting by 8 pm every day.
- In an interview, she talked about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor, she said,
There is a great bonding between Ranbir and me. He looks like me, talks like me and temperamentally we are so much alike whereas Riddhima is like her father, in looks as well as nature.”
- In 2011, Neetu and Rishi Kapoor won Zee Cine Award for the Best Lifetime Jodi.
- Neetu shares a good relation with her in-laws.
- Neetu’s handprint is preserved at the Walk of the Stars, an entertainment hall of fame at Bandra Bandstand in Mumbai with her name, Neetu Kapoor.
- Reportedly, Ranbir Kapoor still gets pocket money from Neetu Singh.
- She considers Ranbir as a perfect man and calls him “Raymond.”
- She regularly visits the gym and does yoga to maintain her fitness.