|Ravi Krish Facebook - Ravi Krishnamurthy
|Being the father of the New Zealander cricketer Rachin Ravindra
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Sivananda Sarma Memorial RV Degree College in Bangalore
|Graduation Bangalore Mirror
|Relationships & More
|Son- Rachin Ravindra (professional cricketer)
Daughter- Aisiri Ravindra
|He has a brother.
|Father-in-law: Dr. T. A. Balakrishna Adiga (retired biology professor from Vijaya College in Bengaluru)
Mother-in-law: Poornima Adiga
|Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ravi Krishnamurthy
- Ravi Krishnamurthy is a New Zealander software architect, who is known for being the father of the New Zealander cricketer Rachin Ravindra.
- He was inclined towards cricket from a young age and started playing cricket when he was 5 years old.
- Ravi was a part of his school’s and college’s cricket team.
- He also played club-level cricket in his hometown Bangalore for some time.
- He moved to Wellington, New Zealand, along with his family in 1997 after he secured a software engineer’s job in New Zealand.
- Ravi is one of the founders of the Hutt Cricket Academy in Lower Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand. He also provides cricket coaching at the academy.
- Rachin Ravindra’s first cricket coach was his father Ravi Krishnamurthy. In an interview, while sharing how he spent hours figuring out the right techniques to train Rachin during the formative years, Ravi said,
Our coaching approach wasn’t focused on emulating a particular player or regional style. Instead, we drew inspiration from the techniques and approaches of cricketing geniuses from all around the world. Rachin watched countless hours of cricket, and during his upbringing, there were iconic cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting, Matthew Hayden, Adam Gilchrist. This process involved numerous repetitions to ensure that he grasped the finer nuances of the game.”
- In an interview, Rachin shared that his father used to take him to India during the winter season in New Zealand so that he could practise the sport well. During his visit to India, Rachin was trained under different coaches in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, and Anantapur.
- Apparently, Ravi named his son Rachin by combining the names of the Indian cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid as he was a huge fan of them. However, in an interview, he revealed that, it was not so and the name was suggested by Rachin’s mother as she liked the name. A few years later, Ravi and his wife realised that the name was a combination of the names of Rahul and Sachin. He said,
When Rachin was born, my wife suggested the name, and we didn’t spend a lot of time discussing it. The name sounded good, was easy to spell, and short, so we decided to go with it. It was only some years later that we realised the name was a mix of Rahul and Sachin’s names. He wasn’t named with the intention to make our child a cricketer or anything of the sort.”