Age: 37 Years
Marital Status: Divorced
Boyfriend: Arhaan Khan
|Real Name||Divya Desai|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Dancer|
|Famous Role||'Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore' in "Uttaran"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||Assamese Film: Kanyadaan (2002) Cameo
Bolywood Film: Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke (2004) as Sheetal
Bhojpuri Film: Balma Bada Nadaan (2004)
Gujarat Film: Superstar (2017) as Anjali Kapadia
TV: Raavan (2006) as Mandodari
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress in Negative Role Popular for the TV serial "Uttaran" (2010)
• Indian Telly Award for Most Popular Negative Actor Female for the TV serial "Uttaran" (2010)
• Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in Negative Role for the TV serial "Uttaran" (2010)
• BIG Star Entertainment Award for Best Television Actor Female for the TV serial "Uttaran" (2010)
• Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in Negative Role for the TV serial "Uttaran" (2011)
• Apsara Award for Best Negative Actress for the TV serial "Uttaran" (2011)
• BIG Television Award for BIG Namkeen Character Female Fiction for the TV serial "Uttaran" (2011)
• Colors Golden Petal Award for Best Onscreen Jodi with Siddharth Shukla for the TV serial "Dil Se Dil Tak" (2017)
|Date of Birth||13 February 1986 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagaon, Assam, India|
|School||JB Khot Primary School, Borivali East, Mumbai|
|College/University||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Driving, Travelling, Swimming, Watching News Channels|
|Tattoo||On The Right Ankle: A Lotus Flower
|Controversies||• Rashami attracted controversy for her disturbed relationship with her then-husband, Nandish Sandhu. She alleged that Nandish had disrespected her and abused her for 3 years.
• Desai blamed the website, India Forums, for portraying a negative image of her in the public. In an interview, she said, "You know there’s a website called India Forums. They’ve been handling Nandish’s PR and I don’t have a problem but they’ve been giving one-sided stories from Nandish’s end. I’ve never felt the need to explain myself or my relationship to anyone – but there are all sorts of rumours that pinpoint me and claim that Nandish is completely innocent.”
• In Nach Baliye 7, Rashami revealed that she had suffered a miscarriage. However, during an interview, her ex-husband revealed that Rashami had never conceived. He said, “We were clear about planning a baby after we were professionally settled. Our career was our focus. So where is the question of a miscarriage? I never wanted to embarrass her on national television by questioning her on that.”
• Rashami revealed in Nach Baliye 7 that she had undergone cosmetic surgery. However, later, Nandish Sandhu cleared that she got confused between cosmetic treatment and surgery.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Nandish Sandhu
• Laksh Lalwani (Rumoured)
• Siddharth Shukla (Rumoured)
• Arhaan Khan (Rumoured)
|Marriage Date||12 February 2012
|Husband/Spouse||Nandish Sandhu (m. 2012- div. 2015)
|Parents||Father- Ajay Desai
Mother- Rasila Desai (Teacher)
|Siblings||Brother- Gaurav Desai
|Favourite Actors||Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Alia Bhatt|
|Favourite Films||Mother India (1957), Andaz Apna Apna 1994), Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999)|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 55,000/episode for the role of Tapasya in Uttaran (2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rashami Desai
- Does Rashami Desai drink alcohol?: Yes
- Rashami was born into a middle-class family in Nagaon, Assam.
- Her family has its roots in Gujarat.
- Her father, Ajay Desai, had passed away when she was a child.
- Rashami got her first acting assignment while she was pursuing her diploma.
- She has worked in many ‘B Grade’ Bhojpuri films like “Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke.” Subsequently, she appeared in ‘B Grade’ Bhojpuri films like “Balma Bada Naadan,” “Gazab Bhail Rama,” “Gabbar Singh,” “Kangna Khanke Piya Ke Angna,” “Pappu Ke Pyar Ho Gail,” and “Tohse Pyar Ba.”
- In 2012, she made a cameo in the Bollywood Film “Dabangg 2.”
- Rashami has worked in Hindi, Bhojpuri, Bengali, Assamese, and Manipuri films.
- She shot to fame after playing the role of ‘Tapasya Raghuvendra Pratap Rathore’ in the TV serial “Uttaran.”
- In 2015, she participated in the dance reality show “Nach Baliye 7” along with her then-husband, Nandish Sandhu.
- Rashami has also featured in various reality shows including “Comedy Circus,” “Maha Sangram,” “Zara Nachke Dikha,” “Crime Patrol,” “Big Money,” “Kitchen Champion Season 2,” “Comedy Ka Maha Muqabala,” and “Jhalak Dikhhla Ja.”
- She has appeared in TV serials like “Ishq Ka Rang Safed,” “Adhuri Kahaani Hamari,” and “Dil Se Dil Tak.”
- In 2019, she entered the game reality show “Bigg Boss 13” as a contestant. Click here to check the complete list of Bigg Boss 13 contestants.
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam and kathak dancer.
- She likes listening to the Shastriya Sangeet (Indian Classical Music).
- Rashami was born as Divya Desai. In 2008, she adopted the name ‘Rashami’ after the producers of the show “Pari Hoon Main” said that her name ‘Divya’ was not working in favour of her and the show. Her mother finalised the name “Rashami” after consulting a numerologist.
- She is rumoured to be one of the highest-paid contestants on Bigg Boss 13. Reportedly, she will get paid a huge amount of Rs. 1.2 crore (approx.) for her stay inside the house.
- Reportedly, she will tie the knot with her rumoured boyfriend, Arhaan Khan, inside the house of Bigg Boss 13. Her cousin and one of her friends are likely to witness the wedding inside the house.
- In 2019, Rashami revealed that she was suffering from psoriasis.
- She is an avid animal lover and owns a pet dog, Oreo.
- She considers her mother her inspiration.
- She has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- Here’s an interesting video about Rashami Desai’s biography: