Nicholas Pooran Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Fiancee: Alyssa Miguel (aka Kathrina Miguel)
Age: 27 Years
Hometown: Trinidad And Tobago
|Profession||Cricketer (Wicket-keeper Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||T20- 23 September 2016 against Pakistan at Dubai
ODI- 20 February 2019 against England at Bridgetown
Test- Did Not Play
|Jersey Number||# 8 (West Indies)
#14, 29, 39 (Domestic)
|Domestic/State Team||Barbados Tridents, Islamabad United, Khulna Titans, Multan Sultans, Mumbai Indians, St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots, Trinidad & Tobago, Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel|
|Records (main ones)||• In 2013, he became the youngest ever cricketer to have played in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL).|
|Date of Birth||2 October 1995 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||27 Years|
|Birthplace||Couva, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Hometown||Couva, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago|
|College/University||Naparima College, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Swimming, Listening to Music|
|Controversies||• In 2016, he was banned by the West Indies Cricket Board for 10 months after he was signed by the Khulna Titans in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL).
• In November 2019, he was caught in the ball-tampering act during the third ODI between West Indies and Afghanistan. R.
|Relationships & More|
|Engagement Date||18 November 2020 (Tuesday)|
|Fiancee||Alyssa Miguel (aka Kathrina Miguel)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Alyssa Miguel (aka Kathrina Miguel)
|Siblings||Sister- 1 (Name Not Known)
|Cricketer(s)||MS Dhoni and AB de Villiers|
|Salary (approx.)||IPL- Rs 4.2 crore/year|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nicholas Pooran
- Does Nicholas Pooran drink alcohol?: Yes
- Nicholas Pooran used to play in the school cricket team.
- He made his List A debut in 2013 for Trinidad & Tobago against the Windward Islands at Kingstown.
- In 2015, he met with a car accident, and he was not able to play for 18 months because of the severe ankle and knee injuries.
- In 2016, Nicholas got selected to play for the West Indies Team and made his T20 International debut against Pakistan in Dubai.
- In 2017, Mumbai Indians (MI) bought him at a base price of Rs 30 lakhs for the 2017 Indian Premier League (IPL) auction. Unfortunately, he did not play a single match.
- In the same year, he was selected to play for the Islamabad United, Pakistan Super League (PSL), as the replacement of “Ben Duckett.”
- In 2018, Nicholas Pooran was named among the squad of West Indies B Team for the Global T20 Canada tournament.
- He was also named in the squad of the Sylhet Sixers team for the 2018-19 Bangladesh Premier League.
- Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) also bought him at a price of Rs 4.2 crores in 2018 for the 2019 IPL auction.
- On 27 September 2020, while playing for the Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) against the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL 2020, he saved a massive hit from Sanju Samson from going over the boundary line for a six.
Pooran received applauds for this brilliant fielding performance not only from cricket fans but also from former cricketers and even film stars. Sachin Tendulkar took to Twitter to laud Pooran’s effort, Tendulkar termed this fielding effort the best save that he ever witnessed in his cricketing career, Sachin tweeted,
This is the best save I have seen in my life. Simply incredible!!”
This is the best save I have seen in my life. Simply incredible!! 👍#IPL2020 #RRvKXIP pic.twitter.com/2r7cNZmUaw
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) September 27, 2020
- Following the exit of the West Indies from the 2022 T20 World Cup, he gave up the captaincy of the West Indies’ limited-overs team. The Hindu
Fill & Win iPhone 14 Pro Max
Get a Chance to Win an iPhone 14 Pro Max*
Last Month's Winners