|Vaibhav Gopal Arora
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|ODI- Did not play yet
Test- Did not play yet
T20- Did not play yet
|• Himachal Pradesh
• Kolkata Knight Riders
|Ravi Verma PR News Wire
|Right hand bat
|Right arm fast medium
|Records (main ones)
|• First-ever bowler to pick up a hat-trick on List-A debut
|Date of Birth
|14 December 1997 (Sunday)
|Age (as of 2021)
|Ambala Cantt, Haryana, India
|Ambala Cantt, Haryana,India
|DAV Senior Secondary School, Chandigarh
Lord Mahavir Jain Public school,Ambala Cant
|Relationships & More
|Father- Gopal Arora
Mother- Mamta Setia Arora
|Bowler- Jasprit Bumrah, Pat Cummins
|Net Worth (approx.)
|20 Lakhs INR Cricbuzz
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vaibhav Arora
- Vaibhav Arora is an Indian cricketer who plays as a bowler for the Himachal Pradesh state team in the domestic circuit and the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League.
- Vaibhav Arora belonged to a humble background, his father owns a dairy with the name Harbans Milk Dairy located in Punjabi Mohalla in Ambala Cantt. He used to assist his father by taking care of the cattle and delivering milk to the households.
- Vaibhav Arora moved to Chandigarh and joined DAV Senior Secondary School, known for its world-class cricket academy, in 2011. It is also famously known as the place where Indian cricket legend Kapil Dev began his cricketing journey. In an interview while talking about his journey. He said-:
I moved to Chandigarh when I was in Class IX. My father (Gopal Arora) feared sending me to Chandigarh. I was young and had never stayed away from home, but he gave in to my perseverance.”
- Vaibhav Arora moved from Chandigarh to Himachal Pradesh after failing to get enough opportunities in the Punjab U-19 team in 2018. He turned into a professional at the age of 21 years after joining the Himachal Pradesh state team.
- Vaibhav Arora put up an impressive performance for his state team at the U-23 level picking up 26 wickets from nine matches and ending up as the leading wicket-taker in the tournament.
- It didn’t take much time for Vaibhav to make the jump from U-23 level to first-class cricket. He made his first-class debut for Himachal Pradesh against Saurashtra at Dharamshala in the 2019-2020 Ranji Trophy.
- Vaibhav Arora picked up the prized wicket for Cheteshwar Pujara on his debut by knocking off the middle stumps. He recorded his best figures 9/105 against Saurashtra in that Ranji match. He has picked up 29 scalps from 8 first-class matches with an average of 18.58.
- Vaibhav Arora made his T20 debut for Himachal Pradesh against
- On 21 February 2021, Vaibhav Arora made his List-A debut for Himachal Pradesh against Maharashtra at Jaipur in Vijay Hazare Trophy. He picked up a remarkable hat-trick in that match to become the first-ever player to take a hat-trick on his List-A debut. He has played a total of 5 List-A matches and picked up 8 wickets bowling at an economy of 5.16 runs per over.
- Vaibhav Arora joined as a net bowler for Punjab Kings in UAE during IPL 2020. It was a great learning curve for him as bowling to players like KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Glenn Maxwell, Mayank Agarwal boosted his confidence. He described the experience in an interview, where he said -:
After our first net session in Dubai, Rahul Bhai asked me where do I play from and said I would play IPL soon. Anil sir also came to me once and asked a similar question he said I have got the potential and told me to keep working hard.”
- In the 2021 IPL auction, Kolkata Knight Rider bought Vaibhav Arora at a base price of 20 Lakhs INR. From his modest beginnings to playing IPL alongside players like Lockie Ferguson, Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Prasidh Krishna, Vaibhav was excited and thrilled with this opportunity.
We are definitely sure you're gonna rock it at #IPL2021 🤙🏻
— KolkataKnightRiders (@KKRiders) February 21, 2021