Profession: Singer-Songwriter And Guitarist
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nikhil D’Souza
- He made his debut as a playback singer with his hit single “sham” in Rajshree Ojha’s movie Aisha(2010).
- Nikhil D’Souza’s major influences were Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley and Eric Clapton.
- He is currently signed with a London based record label – East west Records which a subsidiary to Warner Music UK and has already released three songs with them which are Silver, Gold and Beautiful mind.
- He got featured in Rolling Stone Music Magazine(India) several times due to his catchy melancholic sounds.
- He also got featured on MTV’s Coke Studio Season 3 (2013) where he sang Moh along with Hitesh Sonik, Pandit Sanjeev Abhyankar.
- He performed two of his original songs – shades of grey and still in love at Sofar Sounds Mumbai.
- In an interview he said is a self -trained singer and guitarist.
- He spent a lot of time in the US honing his songwriting skills.
- He claims to have become a better singer after coming to bollywood.
- In 2020, D’Souza along with Dhvani Bhanushali won the Listeners’ Choice Awards for their 2019 release “Vaaste” in Independent music category.
- In an interview, he said,
It made sense for someone like me to move there, so I began spending a lot of time in the US, while returning to India occasionally for gigs here.”