Gautam Adani Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Priti Adani
Age: 60 Years
|Full Name||Gautam Shantilal Adani|
|Profession||Businessman (Chairman, Founder of Adani Group)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167cm
in meters- 1.67m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 85 kg
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Date of Birth||24 June 1962|
|Age (as of 2022)||60 Years|
|Birthplace||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|School||Sheth Chimanlal Nagindas Vidyalaya School, Ahemdabad, India|
|College/ University||Gujarat University, India|
|Educational Qualification||Started Bachelors in Commerce (Dropped Out in 2nd Year)|
|Family||Father- Shantilal Adani
Mother- Shanta Adani
Brother- Vinod Adani
|Hobbies||Aviation, Reading books|
|Controversies||During the 2014 LokSabha elections, Gautam was accused of supporting the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi in his compaigns by providing chartered planes for the rallies and protests.|
|Food||Gujarati Cuisines like Khaman Dhokhla|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Priti Adani (Dental Surgeon, Managing Trustee in the Adani Group of Companies)
|Children||Sons- Karan Adani (CEO of Adani Ports and SEZ)
|Jets Collection||2009 Bombardier Challenger 605 with serial number 5787 and enlistment number VT-APL
A 2013 Embraer Legacy 650 with serial number 14501144 and enrollment number VT-AML
A 2007 Hawker 850XP with serial number 258835 and enrollment number VT-AGP
|House/Estate||Palatial Bungalow at Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway Plot no. 83, Sector 32, Gurgaon, India
|Net Worth (as of 16 September 2022)||$146.8 billion Bloomberg
Note: On 16 September 2022, he replaced Jeff Bezos to become the world’s second-richest person; his net worth lagged behind only Elon Musk’s $263.9 billion. Bloomberg
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gautam Adani
- Gautam was born in a Gujarati Bania family with a business background as his father was into textile business.
- Since his childhood, he was not interested in academics and was a school as well as a university drop out.
- At the age of 18, he went to Mumbai and worked as a diamond sorter at Mahindra Brothers for two years over there.
- Later, after gaining some experience, he established his own diamond brokerage business at Zaveri Bazaar in Mumbai, India.
- He then returned to Ahmedabad after his elder brother, Mahasukh Adani, asked him to help in setting his newly purchased plastic factory.
- In a short span of time, he started importing PolyVinyl Chloride (PVC) that is the primary material used in the manufacturing of plastics, and with his skills, he visited South Korea to make a deal of importing PVC.
- After grasping essential things required in trading, he started Adani Export Ltd. in 1988 (now Adani Enterprises Limited), which was initially concerned with agricultural and power.
- Gautam was highly benefitted from the liberalization and economic reforms of 1991, as it led to a sudden rise in the company’s revenue and business which in turn helped him to expand his company.
- In 1993, at a Government of Gujarat event, the Adani Group was invited to take up the Mundra port project and two years later, the contract was given to the group. Adani took Mundra Port to heights by making it the largest Private Sector port in India.
- He also founded the Adani Power Ltd(APL) and has established thermal power plant with the capacity of 4620 MW, which is the largest private thermal power producer in the country.
- He is the founder and chairman of the Adani Group, an Indian MNC that has his businesses in various fields, viz. logistics, power, energy, agriculture, and a lot more. Moreover, the group was ranked in “The Brand Trust Report 2015”, as India’s most trusted infrastructure brand.
- In 1996, he founded the Adani Foundation, which works in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Orissa, and Madhya Pradesh.
- This foundation focuses on education, expanding rural infrastructure, providing different livelihood opportunities, etc.to the poverty-stricken people. It also provides a special scheme to fishermen that gives financial help to approximately 500 fishermen for purchasing fishing equipment and not only this but also education is provided to the fishermen’s children.
- Gautam married to Priti Adani, a dentist and managing trustee of the Adani Foundation.
- His wife runs the Adani Vidya Mandir, a school located in Ahmedabad, which admits only those children whose parents have an annual income less than ₹1 lakh.
- In 2014, his established foundation was awarded the 3rd Annual Greentech CSR Award.
- He shared his mantra of success in an interview in which he stated that throughout his entire life, he has focused on trying rather than focusing on the results.
- Here’s a brief video by Dainik Bhaskar highlighting Adani’s life:
- In August 2022, Gautam Adani, with a net worth of $137.4 billion, became the world’s third-richest person as per the Bloomberg Billionaires Index; this was the first time when an Asian person had broken into the top three. The Hindu