Pushkar Singh Dhami Age, Caste, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 46 Years
Hometown: Khatima, Udham Singh Nagar
Wife: Geeta Dhami
|Famous For||Being the youngest and the 10th Chief Minister of Uttarakhand at the age of 45 years|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• He was a member of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) till 1999
• He became the chief of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Uttarakhand, and served the post till 2008
• He became the MLA from the Khatima constituency in Udham Nagar twice
• In July 2021, after the resignation of Tirath Singh Rawat, he was appointed as the 10th Chief Minister of Uttarakhand and assumed office on 4 July 2021.
• He lost the 2022 Uttarakhand assembly elections to Bhuwan Kapri of Congress by 7,000 votes in the Khatima constituency. NDTV
• On 23 March 2022, he was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand at Dehradun's Parade Ground for the second time in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari, and Amit Shah, among others. The Hindu
• On 3 June 2022, he won the Champawat bypoll by over 55,000 votes. Hindustan Times On 13 June 2022, he was sworn in as a member of the Uttarakhand Assembly in Dehradun. The Hindu
|Date of Birth||16 September 1975|
|Age (as of 2021)||46 Years|
|Hometown||Khatima, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand|
|College/University||Lucknow University, Lucknow|
|Caste||Thakur India Today|
|Educational Qualification||LLB from Lucknow University (2002) MyNeta|
|Address||H.No. 112, Vill. Nagta Tarai, Teh. Khatima, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand|
|Controversy||As Pushkar Singh Dhami was preparing to take the oath as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, an old tweet from 2015 resurfaced on the internet stirring up a controversy for the new CM. The tweet involved a picture of the map of India which was drawn in saffron colour and covered many neighbouring countries as well. Many politicans and Twitter users started pointing out the faults in the map. The map of India and neighbouring countries had 'Akhand Bharat' written on it. The map also had a picture of Bharat Mata in the middle and it carried the caption 'Akhand Bharat — the desire of every Rshtrabhakt.' While several people supported this tweet, on the other hand, a former IAS officer, Jawhar Sircar, opposed the choice of his appointment and said that BJP should choose Pushkar as the foreign minister so that he can lead the country towards the Third World War. News18|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||5 February 2011
|Children||Son- He has two sons
|Parents||Father- Sher Singh Dhami
Mother- Vishna Devi
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 13.45 lakhs
• NSS, Postal Savings: Rs. 1.61 lakhs
• LIC or other insurance policies: Rs. 15.09 lakhs
• Jewellery: Rs. 3.36 lakhs
• Other assets: Rs. 2.40 lakhs
|Net Worth MyNeta||Rs. 49.15 lakhs (as in 2017)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Pushkar Singh Dhami is an Indian politician who has been serving as a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He is a member of the Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly from the Khatima constituency, and on 3rd July 2021, he was appointed as the 10th Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.
- Along with Pushkar Singh Dhami, eleven other ministers were also sworn in as the member of the cabinet. The ministers sworn were Satpal Maharaj, Harak Singh Rawat, Bishan Singh Chufal, Subodh Uniyal, Arvind Pandey, Bansidhar Bhagat, Yashpal Arya, Ganesh Joshi, Dhan Singh Rawat, Rekha Arya, and Yatishwaranand.
BJP MLAs Satpal Maharaj, Harak Singh Rawat, Bansidhar Bhagat, and Yashpal Arya take oath as ministers in the new State Cabinet pic.twitter.com/uISLWmeZEC
— ANI (@ANI) July 4, 2021
- Pushkar Singh Dhami took the oath of office under the supervision of governor Baby Rani Maurya at the Raj Bhawan in Dehradun.
- The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, made a tweet on his Twitter account to wish luck to Pushkar Singh Dhami for taking up the position.
Congratulations to Shri @pushkardhami and all others who took oath today. Best wishes to this team as they work towards the progress and prosperity of Uttarakhand.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 4, 2021
- Pushkar Singh pursued his bachelor’s degree in law from Lucknow University, and then he earned a postgraduate degree in human relations management and industrial relations. The Print
- Before joining BJP, Pushkar Singh Dhami has worked in various positions in the RSS for almost 33 years. He was a part of the ABVP party for ten years when he was working in Uttar Pradesh.
- Pushkar Singh Dhami has also served as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to Bhagat Singh Koshiyari during his tenure as the chief minister in 2001-2002. Dhami was also the vice-chairman of the urban monitoring committee in the state.
- It was reported that Pushkar Singh Dhami is very close to the Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. Some have claimed that Dhami was appointed as the CM after Rajnath’s suggestion. NDTV
- In 2002, Pushkar Singh Dhami became the first president of Uttarakhand BJP’s Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) and held the position till 2008. Even during his time in ABVP and BJYM, Dhami was actively working as an RSS swayamsevak in the state of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- Pushkar Singh Dhami was serving as the MLA from Khatima tehsil twice. He was elected as the MLA for the first time in 2012 and for the second time in 2017. Before becoming the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, he was the state vice-president for BJP.
- In an interview, a family friend of Dhami informed the journalists that Dhami was aware of what was coming his way even before his predecessor, Tirath Singh Rawat, resigned from his position. The person said with the condition of anonymity-
Dhami was summoned to Delhi by the BJP leadership 4-5 days back. He was conveyed about the party’s decision by president J.P. Nadda. He also met Union Home Minister Amit Shah and other party leaders on the same day.”
- In 2017, BJP won the assembly elections by taking over 56 seats out of the 70 seats in the state. After the win, Trivendra Singh Rawat became the chief minister of Uttarakhand and served till 2021. Trivendra Singh Rawat congratulated Pushkar Singh Dhami and further said-
We’re sure that Uttarakhand will attain new heights of development in the coming period under his leadership.”
- In March 2021, Tirath Singh Rawat was appointed as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, however, he had to resign from his post just after four months. According to the rules, Tirath Singh Rawat was required to be selected as a member of the legislative assembly within the first six months of his tenure to continue on the post of CM, however, the Election Commission of India (ECI) has the right to cancel the polls if an assembly term is ending in less than a year, and this made Rawat ineligible to continue on his post. Hindustan Times