Hometown: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Age: 52 Years
Wife: Anupama Raag
|Full name||Anurag Singh Bhadouria Anurag Singh Bhadouria- Instagram|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Political Journey||• National Spokesperson of the Samajwadi Party
• Contested the Legislative Assembly election from the Lucknow East constituency with a collaboration of the Samajwadi Party and Indian National Congress (2017)
|Date of Birth||8 August 1971 (Thursday)
|Age (as of 2023)||52 Years|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Colvin Taluquadar Inter College, Lucknow|
|College/University||• Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Raigarh, Maharashtra
• Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
• Bhatkhande University, Lucknow
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Tech from Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere, Raigarh, Maharashtra (2000) My Neta
• Executive business management program from the Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
• Virsahad in flute from Bhatkhande University, Lucknow
• Ph.D. holder
|Hobbies||Playing Polo, football, table tennis, and horse riding|
|Controversies||• A scuffle with BJP Leader
Arnurag and BJP leader Gaurav Bhatia got engaged in a fight during a debate at Zee News channel based in Noida over a disagreement in December 2018. Gaurav Bhatia called the police at the location and Anurag was taken into custody, and Bhatia filed a complaint against Anurag under sections 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt), 352 (punishment for assault or criminal force otherwise than on grave provocation) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
• Derogatory remarks on Yogi Adityanath:
BJP spokesperson Hero Bajpai filed a complaint against Anurag for making a derogatory comment about Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and his Late guru Mahant Awaidyanath on a private news channel in November 2022. Bajpai claimed that Anurag said
"Jo mukhymatri hai vo avaidhnath ke vaidh putra nahi hote to kya MP ban jate" which hurt the feelings of the followers of Adityanath and Mahant Awaidyanath. The Times of India The complaint was filed at Hazratganj Police Station against Anurag under the charges of 153 (provocation with intent to cause riot), 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion), 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings), 505 (publishing or circulating any statement, rumour or report with intent to incite) of the IPC. When Anurag was asked to show up at the police station, he chose to run away in fear of being jailed and tried to apply for anticipatory bail at High Court, but his plead got rejected by the court.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2006|
|Wife/Spouse||Anupama Raag (administrative officer and a Bollywood music composer)
|Children||He has two children, a son, and a daughter, Anaya Bhadouria.
Note: Picture is in above section.
|Parents||Father- Abhay Ram
Mother- Not Known
|Car Collection||Honda City Car|
|Salary/Income(approx.)||Rs. 16 Lakhs
Note: His income was for the financial year 2015-2016. My Neta
• Cash: Rs. 1,04,118
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 11,21,367
• Bonds, Debentures, and Shares: Rs. 22,73,770
• LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 11,55,869
• Motor Vehicles: Rs. 1,50,000
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 4,42,56,450
• Other: Rs. 37,62,416
Note: The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2017. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependents. My Neta
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 5 crores
Note: Anurag Bhadouria’s net worth was for the financial year 2016-2017. My Neta It excludes the net worth of his wife and dependents.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anurag Bhadouria
- Anurag Bhadouria is an Indian politician and a spokesperson of the Samajwadi Party. He was appointed as the state’s sports minister under the government of Akhilesh Yadav in Uttar Pradesh. He actively takes part in television debates on behalf of his party.
- When Mulayam Singh Yadav was the party’s president, Anurag Bhadouria joined the Samajwadi Party. Soon after, he was appointed as the spokesperson of the party by Akhilesh Yadav.
- In the 2017 Legislative Assembly election, Anurag Bhadouria faced defeat by Ashutosh Tandon from the Bhartiya Janta Party and lost the election by a margin of 79,230 votes.
- Anurag Bhadouria founded the Indian Gramin Cricket League (IGCL) and organized various cricket tournaments in different states. The winning team was rewarded with cash, trophies, bikes and even motorcycles. In 2016, when he was asked about the INGCL during an interview with Hindustan Times, he said
The event has been conceptualised to motivate the rural youth and channelize their energy into positive things. We are getting good players and intend to eventually pick up good boys and bring them to city for proper training.” Hindustan Times
- During the protest of the 2020 Hathras Gang Rape, Anurag Bhadouria was lathi-charged by the police along with the other protesters on the spot. He posted photographs of the marks of the Lathi charge on his back on social media.
- He was on the 2022 Top 10 Spokespersons list at the E4M Awards.
- He owns a Cockapoo breed dog named Cooper and often posts photos of his dog on social media.
- He is a Polo player and often posts videos from his practice on Instagram.
- Anurag is often spotted in Green colour Kurta on television and in real life. In an interview, when he was asked about the secret behind the Green Kurta, he revealed that he was raised in a village and had seen greenery all around since childhood; that colour gives him peace, and he tries to wear it most of the time.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and often posts photos of practising yoga and doing workouts at the gym on his Instagram.